Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silver Horse Racing Flush Louvers - Anyone has done them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:18 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangBatman1
Do you have a problem with my roush louvers or something?
negative, almost went with them but didnt want to do the door scoops so actually my 2nd fav but only like them with the addition of the door scoops, so ur lucky other wise we could of had a show down at the sushi bar.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:50 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
Those louvers look TERRIBLE in person on the car. Just do the ones off of the KR:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Colorado...68293570259154

i've seen all the mods you've done and this is the first bad one. The kr louvers were designed for the car you have. they even come in an aluminum look which is sharp.
that actually loks pretty terrible
Old 09-23-2008, 09:50 AM
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
The hardest part of the install is getting up the nerve to cut out the glass. After you have it cut out and follow the rest of the instructions from SHR's website, it's a piece of cake.
-danny
LOL I guess that's the point of no return eh? Oh and hey, you got my vote over on TMS - that is one great looking machine you've put together. When I first started looking at the contestants I was like...hmmm.... blue with stripes..yawn...red with stripes...yawn...black with a totally unique theme and great execution
Old 09-23-2008, 10:17 AM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
negative, almost went with them but didnt want to do the door scoops so actually my 2nd fav but only like them with the addition of the door scoops, so ur lucky other wise we could of had a show down at the sushi bar.
haha true true, I need to change my kit though, too many people have it now

See if I went with the gen 2 front this would have never happened! haha
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Pony Junkie

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx

-danny
Great looking car! May I ask what kind of spoiler that is and where you obtained it?
I'm not a fan of the GT spoiler, and I dont want spoiler delete, so I think yours would look kickin' on mine.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

I bought the SHR louvers back in July. I personally like them alot. I have not put them on yet. I am going to install some sound deading material when I do. If I am going to pull all the molding I might as well pull the rest of the backend and install some d-mat at the same time. Help with some road noise and make the tunes sound better. I think making sure you tape the heck out of the paint before sawing would be the safe way. Looks simple otherwise. Just take your time!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:24 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I had mine installed and they didn't have to break the glass. They wouldn't guarantee that the glass wouldn't break though. So be careful it does happen.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:58 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Keep them coming. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:26 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Va. Stang
I bought the SHR louvers back in July. I personally like them alot. I have not put them on yet. I am going to install some sound deading material when I do. If I am going to pull all the molding I might as well pull the rest of the backend and install some d-mat at the same time. Help with some road noise and make the tunes sound better. I think making sure you tape the heck out of the paint before sawing would be the safe way. Looks simple otherwise. Just take your time!
sorry mellow this is a lil ot but I just added a bunch of dynomat around and below my shifter after I installed it and it definitly took alot of roid noise away I heared before. I am doing a rear seat delete soon and im going to put it under where the rear seats were and aginats the back of the rear seat delete, putting it on everythign will be a waste IMO. most of the noise is coming from the rear end of the car, u dyno mat above your d/s , where ya rear seats were and on the back of them that should make ya car dam quiet.

Back on topic, I would gor for it forsure mellow and paint them black also is my 2 cents . I have the similar gts-2 hood and I painted my vents on there black and my shr louvers black and it looks bad ***, almost as if the car came like that cause they look like they belong together.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by redfireshaker06
The wheelskins look cheap IMO, I'm not sure why people like them so much. Is it because they cost so little and are already painted? You can't even see out those at all, so why are you worried about a little distortion out of the SHR's. Atleast you can still see. Remember this is just my opinion
Yes, I wanted cheap louvers that came pre-painted that I could take off when I sold my car. I looked at the price of the SHR ones and the cost of painting and install time and choose the wheelskins. I easily took off my yellow ones and replaced them with black ones.

Here's the view out of both. You have a decreased view out of both, compared to stock. The wheelskins have wider slots blocking the view and the SHR ones will have distortions from the thick plastic.
I have to back out of my parking spot into an alley that people like to speed down and wanted a clear view instead of a distorted one for my daily driver. Just my preference, and obviously if I had a showcar I wouldn't care so much.
Attached Thumbnails Silver Horse Racing Flush Louvers - Anyone has done them?-dscf2301.jpg   Silver Horse Racing Flush Louvers - Anyone has done them?-dscf1189.jpg  

Quick Reply: Silver Horse Racing Flush Louvers - Anyone has done them?