Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silver Horse Racing Flush Louvers - Anyone has done them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:47 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Default Silver Horse Racing Flush Louvers - Anyone has done them?

Just got a set of these flush mount louvres and really want to tackle the install myself. Anyone here has done the install? Anyone know of a write-up floating around here? And who-ever has pix of them done, would love to see it.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Subscribing.....

I want to do these on Karen's Bullitt as well. I really want to do the install, and was also planning on doing a write up, but that won't do you much good now....LOL....

I assume you have the instructions from SHR's website??

Grats,
Mike
Old 09-21-2008, 06:21 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Subscribing to this thread. I have been wanting to get those for a while but haven't heard or seen anything on the install.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Twiztga
2nd Gear Member

I couldn't find the thread but there was a guy on here who did his own and if I recall he had a very bad accident doing so with the glass breaking and getting into his eyes... so remember the eye gear
Old 09-21-2008, 06:51 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I heard you have to break out the glass. Someone I know who has them had them installed by a local Glass installer. That seems to be the best option.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:21 PM
pegasusphototx
2nd Gear Member

I did my own install. There are 3 methods that I know of:

1) Break the glass. Not the cleanest option out there, but after cleaning the glass up, the least likely to scratch your paint

2) Use the wire tool from SHR's website and the instructions they provide where you take apart the interior and push the wire through and saw it from inside and outside. More time consuming, still has a risk of scratching the paint, so make sure you tape if off well

3) Use the wire tool from SHR's website but instead of taking apart the interior and sawing from inside/outside, you tape off the outside body area very well and loop the wire under the edge of the rear part of the glass, and from just the outside saw the wire toward the front area of the glass. This is the quicket method and the one I used. I did end up not having enough tape down, and made some slight knicks in the paint. Nothing touch up paint couldn't fix.

The hardest part of the install is getting up the nerve to cut out the glass. After you have it cut out and follow the rest of the instructions from SHR's website, it's a piece of cake.

-danny
Old 09-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

http://www.anver.com/document/vacuum...cup-manual.htm

Attach to your window, use a rope and attach your buddies car to the suction cub. Let him take off like he's in the 1/4 mile, voila!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Those louvers look TERRIBLE in person on the car. Just do the ones off of the KR:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Colorado...68293570259154

i've seen all the mods you've done and this is the first bad one. The kr louvers were designed for the car you have. they even come in an aluminum look which is sharp.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:09 AM
Nutty2003
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
Those louvers look TERRIBLE in person on the car. Just do the ones off of the KR:

i've seen all the mods you've done and this is the first bad one. The kr louvers were designed for the car you have. they even come in an aluminum look which is sharp.
actually the shr louvers are one of the best looking mods in person, they don't look like they were bolted or taped on and the finish looks amazing... all while still giving you the option of viewing through the car. Everyone has there own opinions but to say they look TERRIBLE couldn't be farther from the truth.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5

Uh, I'm looking at a photo of the GT500KR and there are NO louvers on the rear side windows. It's on page 70 of the same issue of 5.0 Magazine that Joe's "KR Clone" is on the cover.
Why are you saying there are???

But anyway Joe, I'd recommend doing the brake cooling vents in the front lower facia. Or maybe a V-6 rear spoiler? I personally don't like the distortions the SHR louvers give the view out the window.
Plus I took off my yellow wheelskin louvers as it was too much yellow. I like the black better.
Attached Thumbnails Silver Horse Racing Flush Louvers - Anyone has done them?-1031sm.jpg   Silver Horse Racing Flush Louvers - Anyone has done them?-2377.jpg  

Quick Reply: Silver Horse Racing Flush Louvers - Anyone has done them?