Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb here - Question about quality

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:58 PM
2007REDFIREGT
1st Gear Member

I've owned 3 accords, 4 maxima's, wife still drives a 2007 maxima, but once I bought this 07 Mustang GT thats all I want to drive. So if you plan on not buying one you better not test drive one because you will fall in love with this car. Quality has been great on my GT.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:59 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

There are a few rattles in the dash, a common water leak that is easily fixed. Other than that it's a trouble free car for me and mine is not stock. 23,000 miles and going, 11,000 with the blower.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

there's plenty of room in the back seat. it's a very comfortable 4-seater. i took a couple of buddies on a long road trip in it, and they both said the back was infinitely more spacious than it looks.

one major issue with the stang that i just can't shake right now is that it doesn't do my homework...
Old 09-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Wow - my opinion of a small back seat sure differs from some of you'all. Different strokes I suppose. But to me...the back seat is way tight. Its not a complaint, I don't really care thats its small and don't put adults back there very often.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

I am a very picky critic of design, engineering, and ergonomics. I have a 2007 GT with 38,000 miles. I ordered it new. Over all, I am very pleased with the engineering and build quality. My car is black with red leather. I also got the leather upgrade dash, console, and armrests. I love the quality of the leather. It's masculine: firm with cool stitching at the seams and a pronounced skin texture. I waited until the leather dash was an option before I bought. I didn't like the plastic look. I love mine. I also ordered he car with spoiler delete. Looks much better without the Jap-esque factory spoiler.

The interior has good ergonomics. I know other cars have more gizmos, but I don't feel like I'm lacking. I enjoy the spare, clean look. My only complaint is a lack of little-stuff storage. All you get is a glove box, cup holder, and the center console. Little things, like my garage door opener, keys, etc., are always getting lost in the center console.

Problems: my driver door speaker has started to buzz with big bass. I assume it's loose. I get a heat shield buzz at 2500 rpm but it's gone by 2600, and only happens sometimes. Last winter my heater blower developed a slight chirp, but it went away this summer with AC. I replaced 2 rear blinker lights. I get what sounds like valve clatter if I bog the motor at low rpm. I also suffered from no power below 2500 rpm, buts lots above, as if I had a single big turbo. I complained to the Ford mechanic, and he dialed the engine up a little. Valve clatter is gone and more power down low.

Many people complain about the rear suspension making a "thunk" sound over big bumps. I think it's normal to a solid axle.

Over all, I am very pleased with the quality of my 2007 Mustang GT. I test drove several 90s and ealry 2000s Mustangs over the years. They disapointed me. My car greatly surpassed my expectations. The chassis has no flex, suspension and power are finely balanced for daily driving... it sounds great, looks great, works great. People still give me thumbs up and say "nice car" 4 years into the model run. I dont' blame them. Driving my car makes me happy. It just feels right.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:05 PM
xtremesaleen
2nd Gear Member

All cars have quirks... Overall i think mine's doing well. I had a rattling noise when shifting between 2500-3k, but since i got the stingers i dont notice it half as much. I had my first fuel filling issue 2 days ago after almost 1 1/2 years of ownership. And from what ive heard, there is an issue on 2005ish models with a water leak due to poor seals.

Dont believe the hype about any car company,Ive had Geo, Pontiac, Ford, Lincoln, Mazda which would stall every time i turned right and would freeze in park. My last car was a honda whose breaks were replaced due to factory error at 13k, power steering crack at 13k, wind noise that overpowered the radio when driving over 35 mph. Foreign or not every company has em.

I think that you tend to look over some things the more you like the car. My husband makes fun of my car and wants me to get rid of it but its my love and its not going anywhere.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:03 AM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

i have the same exact issue.. man i wish that was an option!!
Originally Posted by East87
there's plenty of room in the back seat. it's a very comfortable 4-seater. i took a couple of buddies on a long road trip in it, and they both said the back was infinitely more spacious than it looks.

one major issue with the stang that i just can't shake right now is that it doesn't do my homework...