Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

0% financing any time soon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Tim From Cleveland
1st Gear Member

Default 0% financing any time soon?

As I am about to buy my first mustang I am wondering if anyone knows if Ford is planning any major finance promotions any time soon. Anyone have any knowledge of this?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:10 PM
jranaudo

Not sure but I just got this in my inbox...

REMINDER, Only six day's left of 0% financing for 72 months. All current Ford leasing customers take advantage of up six months of early buy out on your current lease all BIG cash offers and 0% financing along with early birds will expire on 9/30/08 please call me Marty to work out your new deal for you. Please also stop in and check our great use car inventory
Thank you,
Marty Picinic
Wyckoff Ford, Inc
Old 09-24-2008, 10:52 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Wait just a few months longer!!! 2010's come out in the spring. I would wait and see if you like those. As far as buying a new cars just go in there find what you want and tell them what you are looking to pay. There a tons of dealers out there that desperatly needs these cars off the lot.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Tim From Cleveland
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cobra443
Wait just a few months longer!!! 2010's come out in the spring. I would wait and see if you like those. As far as buying a new cars just go in there find what you want and tell them what you are looking to pay. There a tons of dealers out there that desperatly needs these cars off the lot.
I would but I have waited about all I can wait. This was something I was supposed to do a year ago. I finally can afford to get one so I am shooting for the next month or so.

The good news is I get the X-Plan through my work but I just want to get the best financing possible. Is there a list anywhere of dealerships offering low financing?

I know on Fords site you can type in your zip code and it lists all the current deals for dealerships around you. Aside from typing in every zipcode there has to be an easier way of finding a dealership doing the 0% thing.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:43 AM
OneLargeToe
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim From Cleveland
As I am about to buy my first mustang I am wondering if anyone knows if Ford is planning any major finance promotions any time soon. Anyone have any knowledge of this?
I'm wondering the same thing. Unfortunately I doubt anyone knows except for Ford. Also incentives are region specific so some areas may have 0% (or whatever) financing and others not.

Current incentive period ends 9/30. So come next Wednesday or Thursday we should see what the new promo will be.

My only concern is that with the current financial crisis if they will be offering low interest rates at all. My guess is that we'll see the same or higher cash rebates and that's about it.

I know on Fords site you can type in your zip code and it lists all the current deals for dealerships around you. Aside from typing in every zipcode there has to be an easier way of finding a dealership doing the 0% thing.
You can't do that, unfortunately. The incentives ONLY apply to where you live. For example, if you live in NJ and buy a car in CA the NJ incentives (and taxes) are what's used.

Actually, I have a question about financing: I've only ever financed a vehicle through the dealership since I typically got the 3.9% deal or lower. But say if I went with another bank -- I see Capital One is offering 5.44% for 60 months. When you are at the dealership closing the sale can you choose which bank you want them to secure the loan from? Or do you have to apply beforehand?

Last edited by OneLargeToe; 09-25-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:10 AM
JoeTheSlacker

Originally Posted by OneLargeToe
I'm wondering the same thing. Unfortunately I doubt anyone knows except for Ford. Also incentives are region specific so some areas may have 0% (or whatever) financing and others not.

Current incentive period ends 9/30. So come next Wednesday or Thursday we should see what the new promo will be.

My only concern is that with the current financial crisis if they will be offering low interest rates at all. My guess is that we'll see the same or higher cash rebates and that's about it.

You can't do that, unfortunately. The incentives ONLY apply to where you live. For example, if you live in NJ and buy a car in CA the NJ incentives (and taxes) are what's used.

Actually, I have a question about financing: I've only ever financed a vehicle through the dealership since I typically got the 3.9% deal or lower. But say if I went with another bank -- I see Capital One is offering 5.44% for 60 months. When you are at the dealership closing the sale can you choose which bank you want them to secure the loan from? Or do you have to apply beforehand?

You can do your own financing, but that involves that YOU do the work. Contact your own bank or someone like Capital One and see what they can do for you. If it is a better deal than what the dealership can get you then Capital One, or whoever it is, will send you a check. You take the check to the dealer and give it to the finance guy when you are signing paperwork. But you have to do this in advance. The dealership finance manager is trying to get you a good deal while also getting himself and the dealership a good deal.

Some regions are doing 0% financing. Here in the Carolina's we have 0% financing on Mustang for 72 months, including GTs. But as it has already been said, the incentives are pulled by your ZIP code for where you live NOT where you buy it from.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 AM
OneLargeToe
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JoeTheSlacker
If it is a better deal than what the dealership can get you then Capital One, or whoever it is, will send you a check. You take the check to the dealer and give it to the finance guy when you are signing paperwork. But you have to do this in advance.
That's what I figured and that makes it tough -- if I have a trade-in I have no idea how much they are going to allow for it. So there is no way to get a loan for the exact amount.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:53 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim From Cleveland
Probably not......the Mustang is the star of their lineup (sales haven't dipped too badly)
Old 09-25-2008, 10:27 AM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

[Learn it yourself. I'm done.

Last edited by BruceH; 11-13-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:14 AM
OneLargeToe
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
There are three seperate negotiations when trading a used car. One is for the new car, one for the used, and one for the financing. Stay on your toes until everything is done. Then relax and enjoy your new car.
Thanks for the information!

Speaking of trade-ins, any good advice on negotiating those? What I typically do is visit KBB.COM, Edmunds, and NADA. Record all 3 and take an average and start with that. From my experiences you're lucky to get at least KBB value (Edmunds and NADA are typically significantly higher.)

Quick Reply: 0% financing any time soon?