Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the How-To on changing your headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 06:43 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Default Where is the How-To on changing your headlights?

i couldnt find it in the search option and i will need to change my headlights out soon so i wanted to print out the How To guide....any help?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:16 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

not sure if the front bumper has to come off but its easy man its like a few bolts , you pop ya hood you will see them, shouldnt take u more then 30 minutes.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

ya, the bumper will have to come off.....i just hope i dont fk anything up lol...

nice sig btw, where is mine?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:39 PM
SURF
1st Gear Member

Its really simple not to hard.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:54 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

You gotta remove the front bumper. I've had to take mines off to put window tint film on them and I figured it'd be better if I got them removed. Been a while, but I remembed that I took them off side by side so I didn't have to remove the whole front bumper and I suggest u do the same so you don't have to mess with the headlights. Also, I think to lower bug deflector (the one under the car) had to come off in order to perform the procedure. The inner fender cover (the plastic inside ur fenderwell) had to be partially detached, but not completely removed. Also, right next to your headlight assembely by the fender the bumper has some plastic clips. No special tool was needed for that, after all the necessary screws came off I just pulled the bumper cover down and it came lose. It's pretty self explandatory, and as much as I hate working with body/interior to me it was an easy thing to do. Just take a look at it and take your time as you're doing it. There's really nothing you can mess up, not unless you intentionally do it.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:57 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0NF1R
ya, the bumper will have to come off.....i just hope i dont fk anything up lol...

nice sig btw, where is mine?
lol, thanks. check out the link and Illkeep you posted when I plan to go with a few other guys , going to have a few cameras mounted on back of another car , its goign to be pretty sick, check the vid and u will get the idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJRMML21Elg
Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 AM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Alright, Olvanish, thanks a lot for the tip...just one question....how much of a danger is there in the bumper cover being too loose for some odd reason after reinstallation?...the reason i ask this is because i dont want to be like a lot of those little ricers and other poot cars that had bad installation jobs for their body kit front bumper causing them to sag and leave gaps between the contact areas...

TOMBSTANG, where is the link?
Old 09-30-2008, 05:08 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Alright, Olvanish, thanks a lot for the tip...just one question....how much of a danger is there in the bumper cover being too loose for some odd reason after reinstallation?...the reason i ask this is because i dont want to be like a lot of those little ricers and other poot cars that had bad installation jobs for their body kit front bumper causing them to sag and leave gaps between the contact areas...

I wouldnt worry about it man, I recently painted some under hood stuff and behind my bumper and installed my shifter then put my bumper back on with 2 bolts and test drove it then got lazy and forgot and drove all the way to melbourne with it then remembered on the hsighway like umm I wonder if my bumper is going to fall off and get driven over, it didnt budge. Blowing N20 doing like 140 ish still didnt budge
Old 09-30-2008, 10:16 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

How much of a danger is there... To make it brief I'll just say that even you do not use half of the screws that originally were on there, you, most likely, will still end up ok. Those clips on the corners that I mentioned earlier are probably the most important thing to keep it straight so just make sure it properly locks in (in other words make sure there's no gap over 1/4 inch between the bumper cover and the fender. and that's one tough thing to miss).
Old 10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
buffguy
2nd Gear Member

Taking off the front bumper is a pain in the ***. There a good guide on how to do it. search saleen HID install. The company has a whole how to take off front bump and change headlights guide