Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT500 conversion questions, and stealership price quote

Old 09-30-2008, 04:28 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

here is my car:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/485714-gt500-conversion-complete-w-20-alcoas.html
Old 09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
isnt the lower valance panel the chin spoiler ? if so I HAVE to have it .. love that silly little thing.. lol
Cameron, I'll give you a call in a bit man. thx for all the info. I'm writing all this down now..

nmd55 2049 without the hood.. sounds like a good deal. Although I need to get the hood on and painted too for no more than $ 3500
If you have any questions that Cam can't answer give me a PM and I'll answer them for you. I helped Cam do his from ordering the parts and all the way threw putting in the hood pins.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:17 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Thx guys. I can't stress this enough. you guys are really helpful. I just got done holding cam on the phone for over 45 mins so I think I have a pretty good idea on what to do, although anymore ideas and comments will be more than welcomed.

Like I said, November is the hot date between my stang and the body shop..
all I have to do now is find a good body shop around here since the stealership wants to charge me way over my price without the hood ( price of hood and shipment )

Right now I'l prolly go ahead and get the cheap stuff from the dealership. But I will definetally call kevin in CA and see how he can help me out.

I'll have a bunch of pics when it's done too..
Old 09-30-2008, 06:33 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
Thx guys. I can't stress this enough. you guys are really helpful. I just got done holding cam on the phone for over 45 mins so I think I have a pretty good idea on what to do, although anymore ideas and comments will be more than welcomed.

Like I said, November is the hot date between my stang and the body shop..
all I have to do now is find a good body shop around here since the stealership wants to charge me way over my price without the hood ( price of hood and shipment )

Right now I'l prolly go ahead and get the cheap stuff from the dealership. But I will definetally call kevin in CA and see how he can help me out.

I'll have a bunch of pics when it's done too..
like I said earlier, call anytime!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

DO NOT PAY OVER $2K IF YOU GET THE PARTS WHOLESALE, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing being painted is the bumper... 3.2 of an hour is the labor to paint it with the B/Clear coat system.
Overhauling the bumper is 3.0 (that includes removing/reinstall).
Add another half an hour for miscellaneous parts like shields, head lamps, brackets etc...

So you have roughly 6 1/2 hours labor do do the job, times $45 an hour and it translates to $292.50.
Add the paint/materials = $165

To condense this to the end $ amount...

Labor and painting time: $292.50
Materials: $165
FL tax (6.5%): $29.73

That's $487.23 + $1597.50 in parts (with tax) = $2084.73

This is a quick estimate I did for you, according to the MITCHELL crash book, witch is the one that the Insurance refers comply to.

Don't pay no $3000 my friend
Old 09-30-2008, 08:31 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

definitely being overcharged IMO.....
Old 09-30-2008, 09:31 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

like I said. Stealership.. heh.. Thx pascal..
Old 09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
thenatural
2nd Gear Member

I love trying to find places to go to do work... They all say the same, Im the best, Im the cheapest, Pay more get a better job. I hate trying to find places! Anyone know a good guy around Minnesota Twin Cities area preferably?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by pascal
DO NOT PAY OVER $2K IF YOU GET THE PARTS WHOLESALE, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing being painted is the bumper... 3.2 of an hour is the labor to paint it with the B/Clear coat system.
Overhauling the bumper is 3.0 (that includes removing/reinstall).
Add another half an hour for miscellaneous parts like shields, head lamps, brackets etc...

So you have roughly 6 1/2 hours labor do do the job, times $45 an hour and it translates to $292.50.
Add the paint/materials = $165

To condense this to the end $ amount...

Labor and painting time: $292.50
Materials: $165
FL tax (6.5%): $29.73

That's $487.23 + $1597.50 in parts (with tax) = $2084.73

This is a quick estimate I did for you, according to the MITCHELL crash book, witch is the one that the Insurance refers comply to.

Don't pay no $3000 my friend

Pascal, thank you very much for posting this. I ordered my parts last week (minus any hood) and have been quitely starting to get concerned that the paint/labor for this conversion might sneak up and bite me on the *** and put me in over my head.

Out of curiosity, what would be a "typical" price you would charge or expect a good shop to charge to put dual 10" stripes on the car at the same time (I know better than to ask this including any fiberglass hood since obviously they come in varying "condition"). I want the stripes clearcoated and "leveled" with the rest of the paint so its all the same.

Just curious. No biggie if you dont feel like "guessing". Either way, your a saint to post the info for us, getting an honest "opinion" from someone in that profession can be very usefull to find the ones who are out to get some honest work verses those who just want to gouge the hell out of one of us.

Thanks again.

Andretti
Old 10-01-2008, 11:00 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

You guys. You can go through all the headaches yourself but the smartest thing to do is go through Kevin @ Clevenger Ford. He is an honorable person and stands behind his sales. He is very knowledgable and helpful as well. His toll free is 1-800-570-5554. He is now a dealer for TRUFIBER as well. I have put many guys here in touch with him and all have been very happy with his service. As for the bumper, it shouldnt cost you more than 300-350 for a quality paint job and install is a breeze. My thread has the install how to in there. Let me know if you need help with install.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT500 conversion questions, and stealership price quote