Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which tire is the best value?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 01:48 PM
TGUNS06GT

Originally Posted by nickel417
how about sumitomo's?
cheap... tread doesn't last... loud... not good in wet conditions... need me to go on? lol

I have Nitto 555's and I love them!
Old 10-02-2008, 01:48 PM
SlowWhite

I have the Goodyear's now and they are lasting well, I like nitto's just wear a little quicker
Old 10-02-2008, 01:58 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I got the Proxes 4 especially because they are one of the only to have a 295 30 20 for the rear.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:10 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

i think they falken f452's are pretty good for they price
Old 10-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
I got the Proxes 4 especially because they are one of the only to have a 295 30 20 for the rear.
+1 on Toyo price and size range. I have 255/45/18 front and 285/40/18 back.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:32 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

I sell tires daily. I hear from customers "how much can you sell size xxxxxxx for?"
Your question is pretty much along the same lines. A couple others nailed it when saying what do you want to do? I always ask in response "Do you want the cheapest you can get? Or something decent?" The answer is almost always "Both". Doesnt work that way. Most tires sold are, unfortunetly, bought solely on price. Tires are the epitomy of compromise. What sticks well, wont last long. What lasts a long time, will squeal like a pig around corners and slide alot.

To put it bluntly, figure out what you want out of the tire, and buy the one that does it. Throwing in the "value" word means you will be disappointed one way or another with any tire on a Mustang. Use that term when buying tires for a Camry and you'll be as happy as a queer with a bag full of dxxks!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:43 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SCCAGT
I sell tires daily. I hear from customers "how much can you sell size xxxxxxx for?"
Your question is pretty much along the same lines. A couple others nailed it when saying what do you want to do? I always ask in response "Do you want the cheapest you can get? Or something decent?" The answer is almost always "Both". Doesnt work that way. Most tires sold are, unfortunetly, bought solely on price. Tires are the epitomy of compromise. What sticks well, wont last long. What lasts a long time, will squeal like a pig around corners and slide alot.

To put it bluntly, figure out what you want out of the tire, and buy the one that does it. Throwing in the "value" word means you will be disappointed one way or another with any tire on a Mustang. Use that term when buying tires for a Camry and you'll be as happy as a queer with a bag full of dxxks!

lol I guess that sums it up!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:47 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

I just picked up a set of Goodyear assurance tires last week. Supposed to be decent all weather tires which I need, supposed to last 80,000 miles which means I won't have to worry about switching them out until well after college (if the car keeps going for me)
Old 10-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

For DD I prefer BFG KDW(2)
Old 10-02-2008, 03:13 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SCCAGT

I am glad you responded. Tell me this - are the treadwear and traction ratings accurate? Because I think that's about all we have to try making apples-to-apples comparison.

Once I decide what kind of traction/treadwear I want, I'm gonna pick the cheapest one that has that rating. It would be nice to know if those ratings are meaningful.

Quick Reply: Which tire is the best value?