MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Alarm Set Off Trying to Start my GT (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/487049-alarm-set-off-trying-to-start-my-gt.html)

arson 10-02-2008 06:21 PM

Alarm Set Off Trying to Start my GT

So yesterday I was leaving work and went to turn on my car, it struggled a little but fired up. Later on a few hours later, I'm about to leave. I try to turn on the car and my alarm goes off and my car won't start at all. I disconnect the battery, had it checked and charged and my car fired right up soon after re-installing. Next day, i go to start it up and the same thing happens, my alarm sets off as soon as i turn the key and won't start. WTF is going on. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Johnboy7701 10-02-2008 06:39 PM

If you got a warranty use it...

Lethaldosage423 10-02-2008 08:03 PM

Let me ask you this.

Did you get in your car, Lock the doors then try to start her?

Mine has an immobilizer and the hole car shuts down its like a saftey thing...just get your remote thing and push the unlock button a few times..the horn will beep 3 times and your good to go

arson 10-02-2008 08:58 PM

Warranty is up and my car was completely unlocked when i tried it. dunno, but now it says security event occurred. I just bought a new yellow top optima too since my car was reading the battery to be complete dead. Weird.

157dB 10-03-2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by arson (Post 5507214)
Warranty is up and my car was completely unlocked when i tried it. dunno, but now it says security event occurred. I just bought a new yellow top optima too since my car was reading the battery to be complete dead. Weird.

Yellow tops are for deep cycle conditions with low amperage draws like trolling motors.
Not high amperage draw applications like vehicle starting. Dont expect the full life
from that yellow top optima. The plates will eventually warp and kill a cell or two.
Now back to the alarm conditions.
Factory anti-theft or aftermarket alarm system?
How did the car read a completely dead battery?

arson 10-03-2008 02:29 PM

Oic, the salesman for the yellow top failed to mention that part. Well I was just going off of what the gauge read for the battery.
I have the factory anti-theft.

157dB 10-03-2008 03:27 PM

Do you have a wet passengers side floorboard or any signs of
previous moisture damage.
You might have the unwanted option some of us got but didnt want.
The UnderDashWaterDispensor
Your SJB could be damaged from water intrusion into the passengers cabin.

Derf00 10-03-2008 03:44 PM

sounds like the old batetry started going dead (dead cell) which is why starting was intermitent and the alarm was goin off.

Yellow top won't last long in a car as stated. those are made for low draws over a long period of time. Not high amperage kicks (cranking) for starting.