Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAILED PARTS - BLUE OVAL INDUSTRIES

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:15 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Doesn't it take a little longer than three days for the springs to settle?

I've read about too many horror stories on here with BOI that I'd rather spend a few dollars more at a place that I know has much better customer service.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:22 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
which ones are you referring to?

yes, I just want to go a tad lower.
I think your car sits perfectly as is if the sig pic is for real.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:24 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Update:

My springs just arrived so I decided to call Blue Oval back to find out if I installed just the rear springs (since they are easier) to see if they do as they claim (lower 1.5"), would I be able to return them if they didn't...I was told no. I was told that if I install the springs, they are mine. So it's a catch 22. I either pay to ship them back and pay a 15% restocking fee, or I try them on my car and if they don't work, eat the $139 I paid to have them shipped originally???
Old 10-06-2008, 10:25 AM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

They still will not lower the additional 1".

John is the guy that runs the show and he told me the same after getting frustrated when I asked for labor.

IMO - I wouldn't spend the time or money installing something that "could" go wrong.

The springs did have identical PN from FRPP.

Even if it was a mislabel, he still was rude and screwed me....
Old 10-06-2008, 10:26 AM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
Update:

My springs just arrived so I decided to call Blue Oval back to find out if I installed just the rear springs (since they are easier) to see if they do as they claim (lower 1.5"), would I be able to return them if they didn't...I was told no. I was told that if I install the springs, they are mine. So it's a catch 22. I either pay to ship them back and pay a 15% restocking fee, or I try them on my car and if they don't work, eat the $139 I paid to have them shipped originally???
Is it worth the gamble? Ehh, I would rather buy from FORD than from "blueovalindustries". They usually get the overstocked CRAP.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JoshyGT
Is it worth the gamble? Ehh, I would rather buy from FORD than from "blueovalindustries". They usually get the overstocked CRAP.
Nope. I am going to return them and try to figure something else out.

I am very disappointed in this experience with Blue Oval Industries!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

There is a thread on these springs on another board, they are NOT the frpp K springs. If my memory is correct, they were springs that were to go on the foose stallion cars. I put the K springs on my car this summer and it is way lower than the pics posted. I got my springs from here http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...0%201&comp=LRS
Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005MustangGtGuy
There is a thread on these springs on another board, they are NOT the frpp K springs. If my memory is correct, they were springs that were to go on the foose stallion cars. I put the K springs on my car this summer and it is way lower than the pics posted. I got my springs from here http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...0%201&comp=LRS
Thanks for the link MustangGTGuy.

I think I see what you are talking about. The sticker on the top of my box even says Foose Springs. The other thing that is weird is that they didn't even come from Blue Oval, the return addres is from Classic Design Concepts in Novi, MI??
Old 10-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by JoshyGT
I recently purchased 1.5" FRPP Lowering Springs for a discounted price of $120.00 from www.blueovalindustries.com and had them installed by Pascal. The springs only lowered the vehicle about .5", and i've let it "set in" for three days now. Nothing.

The post with picture measurements is here on the last few pages:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/show...473130&page=24

I will never deal with Blue Oval again. I spoke with "John" on the phone who seemed mad and frustrated the entire call, raised his voice and ended up saying "sorry there is nothing I can do" and hung up on me.

I told him that I was just calling to see if he could help me. He said all he could do was refund the part. IVE ALREADY HAD THEM INSTALLED!!! So ya, I could pay to have them uninstalled and pay to ship them back and all I would get is the $120 I spend on the parts, not labor or shipping.

The guy refused to work with me and seemed really offended that I was calling to inform him that the parts he shipped were not performing to the spec. I even offered to send him pictures and he refused.

I am not saying that all the springs may have been "mislabled" because he laughed at that notion too, but if you ordered, I would think long and hard before lowering them. I also found this post on another Mustang forum regarding these springs - late after I installed mine...

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/forums?t=4560

This sucks. Hopefully my new tires will fill it up...

-Josh
So what is the FRPP number on the Spring? Does it match what Ford says is 1.5"? I've dealt with Blue Oval before and have never had any problems, even with exchanging defective parts.

If the number on the spring matches what Ford says is 1.5" then you can't fault Blue Oval.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:42 AM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005MustangGtGuy
So, I am confused. They are not meant to lower the car 1.5"? Can I say something about this?

Quick Reply: FAILED PARTS - BLUE OVAL INDUSTRIES