Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAILED PARTS - BLUE OVAL INDUSTRIES

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:44 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JoshyGT
So, I am confused. They are not meant to lower the car 1.5"? Can I say something about this?
When they first put those springs on their site, they were listed as K springs. They have since changed their site to the other part # Ill see if I can find the post I was referring too
Old 10-06-2008, 10:45 AM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
So what is the FRPP number on the Spring? Does it match what Ford says is 1.5"? I've dealt with Blue Oval before and have never had any problems, even with exchanging defective parts.

If the number on the spring matches what Ford says is 1.5" then you can't fault Blue Oval.
I'll have to check with Pascal and we will look, but even if it was and I couldn't fault Blue Oval, he was still a complete jerk. I mean, he laughed when I kindly asked if he could do anything for me in regards to labor and raised his voice when I told him that I have pictures to show him that the springs didn't lower the car properly.

I can fault him for very poor customer service.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 AM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Oh, and I can fault him for the part. His company is responsable for what they sell.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:51 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=472984
Old 10-06-2008, 10:51 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005MustangGtGuy
When they first put those springs on their site, they were listed as K springs. They have since changed their site to the other part # Ill see if I can find the post I was referring too
I was told specifically that these were Ford Racing Springs and that they would lower my car 1.5" all the way around.

Last edited by 05 Mustang; 10-06-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:58 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Wish I would have seen this before hand!!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:58 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JoshyGT
I recently purchased 1.5" FRPP Lowering Springs for a discounted price of $120.00 from www.blueovalindustries.com and had them installed by Pascal. The springs only lowered the vehicle about .5", and i've let it "set in" for three days now. Nothing.

The post with picture measurements is here on the last few pages:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/show...473130&page=24

I will never deal with Blue Oval again. I spoke with "John" on the phone who seemed mad and frustrated the entire call, raised his voice and ended up saying "sorry there is nothing I can do" and hung up on me.

I told him that I was just calling to see if he could help me. He said all he could do was refund the part. IVE ALREADY HAD THEM INSTALLED!!! So ya, I could pay to have them uninstalled and pay to ship them back and all I would get is the $120 I spend on the parts, not labor or shipping.

The guy refused to work with me and seemed really offended that I was calling to inform him that the parts he shipped were not performing to the spec. I even offered to send him pictures and he refused.

I am not saying that all the springs may have been "mislabled" because he laughed at that notion too, but if you ordered, I would think long and hard before lowering them. I also found this post on another Mustang forum regarding these springs - late after I installed mine...

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/forums?t=4560

This sucks. Hopefully my new tires will fill it up...

-Josh
Did anyone see my post in my thread about lowering it?

I called the guy and was asking questions about the company because I didn't know anything about them. I was not rude or insulting, just curious as to what methods of payment they would take and what kind of insurances I could have for my money.

-He immediately got upset and told me to buy somewhere else.

-I called back and said, "I'm sorry apparently I offended someone without meaning to."

-He said, "Well we have reservations about selling to you...buy them somewhere else."

-Then he hung up on me...for the second time.

So, I bought them somewhere else, and I'm glad I did; I was not pleased at all.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:00 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

wow, that explains it all. looks like you two werent the only ones BOI screwed over
Old 10-06-2008, 11:03 AM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Holy wow. I am going to take this whole thing to the corporate lawyer I work with and see what he makes of it. No big deal, just want his thoughts.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

There have been many warnings about this company and they have terrible service. I had to deal with them before and they should never be delt with!!!!

Blue Oval Performance is a GREAT company however!!! Which is why I think they chose Blue Oval Industries to make people think they were buying from a reputable company!!!

Blue Oval Performance = AWESOME

Blue Oval Industries = SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!!!

Quick Reply: FAILED PARTS - BLUE OVAL INDUSTRIES