Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen super shaker questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:09 PM
GT4HUTCH
2nd Gear Member

Default Saleen super shaker questions

http://www.brenspeed.com/supershaker.html

Where is the throttle body? Is it under the scoop or behind it? I have a CDC shaker now. THis would let me keep that look, but have a twinscrew supercharger also. That's awesome.

Also, i've heard it pronounced SAY-LEEN and i've also heard SUH-LEEN. Which way is correct?
Old 10-12-2008, 01:17 PM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

pronounce it however you like.

here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itBya...eature=related
Old 10-12-2008, 01:27 PM
TGUNS06GT

proper way is Suhleen....

but who really cares anyway.

No change in hell i'm paying 8k after install to have 150hp added when you can get a blower for cheaper and the same numbers.... but if you want both then go for it... it's gonna take a lot of forged internals to be able to handle that... have fun spending 15k
Old 10-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TGUNS06GT

No change in hell i'm paying 8k after install to have 150hp added when you can get a blower for cheaper and the same numbers.... but if you want both then go for it... it's gonna take a lot of forged internals to be able to handle that... have fun spending 15k
Taking air from the outside is huge.. thats why the shaker system is such a big deal, helping keep temps cool and pressurizing the air through the shaker help gain even extra power from more boost. 150hp is nothing for the saleen, you can hit 600rwhp with it if you want to. One of the main problems on our cars is heat soak, and this shaker system will help quite a bit when pulling the air from outside instead of from straight under the hood.

just my .02
Old 10-12-2008, 02:27 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Tgun you can run a 3.4 pulley (or larger) with the Supershaker and be around 430-440rwhp on a auto so you can run it without having to be forged. Also Brenspeed has free installs on all Saleen S/C during the month of October so the Supershaker s/c would be around $6,995.00 installed.

Last edited by TJ; 10-12-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

yeah the problem is not that the supercharger is low quality, the problem is that the engine is.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

The problem with free install for the supershaker is I don't think it's out until Nov...
Old 10-13-2008, 12:56 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boozshey
The problem with free install for the supershaker is I don't think it's out until Nov...

I been busy haven’t been keeping up with this stuff/forums reading this thread sounded like they were out. I talked to Seth awhile ago on the SuperShake upgade possibly for my car and in our conversation he said the first 10 Supeshaker s/c systems ($6995.00) purchased from them will include a free install. So if you or anyone is interested I would call them and mention about the first ten free install.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

there supplier got delayed, they should be recieving the parts october 27th and then will start assemblying to ship sometime in November.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 AM
GT4HUTCH
2nd Gear Member

As far as needing forged internals, that depends on how much boost i'd be running. I didn't ask you whether or not i should buy it either. I asked in what position is the throttle body relocated. Where do you come up with 15k? Jeeez Eyore....did your tail fall off!

I like the ability to keep my shaker AND have a twinscrew supercharger.

Quick Reply: Saleen super shaker questions