Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone else still stock?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

stock engine.. for now
Old 10-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I love the red!

I agree with the "our money" thing but that's why we have one Joint account and two seperate accounts. One for the responsibilities of being married, having kids, bills, etc, and one for each of us for the stuff she wants and for the stuff I want.

Every month after we take care of the bills and paying our selves (savings, investments, etc) we then split what's left into a rainy day fund and into our own personal accounts. This personal money can be spent on whatever we want including the other person which is usually the way it works itself out.

It sounds like you should do the same thing perhaps. This type of economy can really bring you down if you dont' take care of #1, you.

And yes there are months where we don't get to put money into our accounts or the rainy day fund. So those are the months where we forgo the "luxury items"
Old 10-13-2008, 11:54 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

i'm sure there is a bunch of people stock they just have no reason to join this forum hahahaa
Old 10-13-2008, 11:56 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

stock is not fun.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

stock for now. but i did just trade out of one that was not stock and have the parts in my garage for when im ready to open her up a little better. the stock tune imo sucks and ford really let us down here. but at least for $150 a good tuner can have her doing what ford should've done from the factory
oh well this is my 3rd s197 and i still love it. will keep buying them too. easily fixed with good tunes and a cai.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Well, I choose not to mod too much for a few reasons.

First, my wife and I make decent money, but it’s our money… not hers and not mine. With that being said I don’t think its fair to spend ‘our money’ on something that only I get enjoyment out of...
If that's the case, you'd better be wearing the perfume, makeup, nail polish and jewelry that she's buying for you "both"...

Just yankin' yer chain...
Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
If that's the case, you'd better be wearing the perfume, makeup, nail polish and jewelry that she's buying for you "both"...

Just yankin' yer chain...
Don't be jealous because I look better in high heels than you... :-)

Nah, marriage is a give and take relationship. I got the car I wanted for a long time, no need to be greedy. :-)

Derf00, we do spend $$ on fun stuff as well. Just not in the large amounts ($600 CAI, $500 gears/install) that would normally occur in modding the GT.

We're both 28 and our baby isn't born yet but we have the kido's first two years of college paid for already (assuming $15k a year) and we like to save a lot in hopes of having our house paid off by the time we're 40.

So yeah, the means are there... but we have more important things (to us) that we usually try to account for first.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

A house a mustang and a wife.....Thats my dream Do your thing Steve O...

Anyhow, IDK what is considered "stock" but, I have a few things on my car that didnt come from the factory engine wise...A CAI and tune is all....Its still a stock V6 in appearance and I intend to keep it that way because I personally like the way my 6er looks.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Mustangs4U
3rd Gear Member

I'm stock for now and will be for a bit until I pay off the mustang. Then, let the modding begin!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

I bought the car new in April of 2005 and was stock for a whole year.

I blame the MM&FF magazine for my first mods.

Quick Reply: Is anyone else still stock?