Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aeroforce gauge questions...help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 11:39 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

yup, when I got mine, they sent the wrong cable.so it would power up,but would not read anything from the car.so it did not know when to shut off.get ahold of todd at aeroforce and he will send you a new one thru priority mail.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:41 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by EndersGame
Make sure that any power off tests you do, that you perform them with the door open.

If the door is not open then power continues to feed everything until you open it...

There is not power on EVERYTHING, just the AC DELAY items.
The OBDII port drops power with the key.
Do not hook the guage to the OBDII port with the ignition on.
Do it with the ignition off. Then turn on the ignition and the
guage should follow the igniton switch and power up and
down properly.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:56 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

the way the aeroforce works, it does not power on thru the switch, it powers on/off by the readings it gets from the car. So there is a delay of a few seconds after the key is turned.problem you are having is from the wrong cable.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:57 AM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

apparently i have the wrong gauges and the wrong cable because Steeda sent me the wrong set of gauges. Apparently i need the CNF series and thats not what they sent.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

btw - the two other wires are for wiring up an analog gauge (A/F or Boost as example) to the other inputs on the gauge
Old 10-22-2008, 09:39 AM
GRABBER CS
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MUSTANGLOVER73
apparently i have the wrong gauges and the wrong cable because Steeda sent me the wrong set of gauges. Apparently i need the CNF series and thats not what they sent.
They should overnight them since it's their mess up. I bet these gauges will look awesome. You better post pics!!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

for real... that's pretty crappy customer service...
Old 10-22-2008, 03:33 PM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GRABBER CS
They should overnight them since it's their mess up. I bet these gauges will look awesome. You better post pics!!
Ha, I wish. Steeda told me that i could exchange them one of 2 ways...1) I could send them back and when they received the old ones then they would ship out the correct set. or 2) I could pay again for another set and when they receive the wrong ones back they would credit my credit card. I opted for number 2 because i couldnt wait to get them in. They didnt even offer to pay for the return shipping.lol. I had to ask and he said send the receipt with the return and they would credit that to me as well.lol. Oh well, Im so anxious to get them in that i really didnt care.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:06 PM
GRABBER CS
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MUSTANGLOVER73
Ha, I wish. Steeda told me that i could exchange them one of 2 ways...1) I could send them back and when they received the old ones then they would ship out the correct set. or 2) I could pay again for another set and when they receive the wrong ones back they would credit my credit card. I opted for number 2 because i couldnt wait to get them in. They didnt even offer to pay for the return shipping.lol. I had to ask and he said send the receipt with the return and they would credit that to me as well.lol. Oh well, Im so anxious to get them in that i really didnt care.
That's real bad for steeda to do to a customer! Wow! Hope you get them soon and I wouldn't deal with them again after this.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Steeda is a great company and very helpful. You cant blame them for wanting the other gauges shipped back or charging your credit card for another set until they receive the originals back. Unfortunately there are a few sorry people that would have them ship a replacement and never send back the originals. These days you cant trust anyone so dont blame them for being cautious. These are just gauges it is not like it is going to be the end of the earth if they arent installed by the weekend.

Quick Reply: Aeroforce gauge questions...help!!!!!