Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Gauges/Pods (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:11 PM
ErcWrestlr
2nd Gear Member

Looks really good. I'll be doing the same thing here soon.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

If anyone has any questions about anything, just let me know. I'd be happy to snap some pics under the hood, or in the foot well where I ran the boost gauge tube, etc...
Old 10-28-2008, 08:30 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I prefer a mechanical boost/vacuum gauge as well. The needle move much quicker and it makes troubleshooting easier. Now you just need a A/F gauge and you are done.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Right now I'm leaning toward the 445 engine hp Roushcharger using their tune. I'll have the local shop dyno it to ensure everything checks out, but that should be a pretty safe setup. Not sure I'll get the A/F gauge yet, I'll think about it...
Old 10-28-2008, 10:17 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Do you research and decide for yourself, but if you are talking the base roush SC, I would suggest you rethink it.

The problem is that particular blower is pretty much maxed out when you install it so when the power bug really bites there is no room to grow.

I would have recommended a whipple but due to the price hike I wouldnt probably buy it again if I was in the market now. It is a great blower but really $$ now.

I would reccomend a base saleen kit. Drive that for a while with a warranty (I would get it from BRENSPEED), and then down the road get their stage 2 package. It will work great with a stock auto IMO.

Good Luck.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I sold the automatic... The Whipple appears to be a great kit, but I'm just not interested. I have this nonconformist personality flaw, so when I see SO many people running that kit I shy away, lol. Not to mention, I'm not willing to run the non-IC kit, and the HO is just more power than I want so in reality its just not even a good choice for me.

I've been researching quite a bit, and I'm looking at the base ROUSHcharger or the Brenspeed Saleen Stage 1 kit. They are both at the power level I'm looking for, and from a reliability standpoint, are about as far as I wish to go. Bragging rights and raw #s mean nothing to me, so 445-470hp at the engine is usable and sufficient IMO. I've had my share of fast toys over the years and I'm totally jaded at this point. I already know I can't ever be satisfied, so why bother? I test drove a Viper GTS a few years back and could only bring myself to label it as "quick" when asked by the salesman how I liked it, lol. I'm also not going to put $20,000 into this car, been there done that, and it was a severe waste of $. I know me, and in a couple years I'll be tired of it and probably want some new toy...

I am still considering the Saleen Stage 1 kit from Brenspeed, but having them install it just won't happen. I am not sure I can get the warranty unless I use a Saleen certified shop, and that seems not likely to happen either around here. The Saleen dealer that is close-by are asshats and I wouldn't trust them with my car in a million years. I need to contact Brenspeed and find out if I'll be able to pass an OBDII emissions test with their kit, and if not, how much performance that will cost me. I want the car legal because I'm too lazy to "f" with it.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:44 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Sounds like you know what your doing and what your looking for and the research is there to back it...... go for which ever S/C you want and feel comfortable with and meets your needs now and more importantly in the future. I cant tell you how many times I have read or discussed with the members of the stang family that regretted a mod that was great for awhile but wanted more from it later. Congrats on the install and I may call on you when I get mine done this winter! J
Old 10-29-2008, 03:21 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Looks sharp!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

+1 looks good except Im going with the 3 pod piller with the shift light mount... anyone have the raptor on the pod and how is it? I would think it might blind the hell out of me right there in my face...
Old 10-29-2008, 06:19 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

looks really good.

Quick Reply: New Gauges/Pods (pics)