Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Gauges/Pods (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Default New Gauges/Pods (pics)

Hey everyone, I installed a Speed of Sound dual pillar pod, an Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge, and an Autometer Phantom II boost/vac gauge today. It took about 3 hours total, but I think I could do the whole install in 1/2 the time knowing what I know now. Isn't that always the case though. I wired the boost gauge right to the headlight switch wire, so I get light at the appropriate time. There was a ground connection behind the panel where the hood release is, so I piggybacked onto that. The Aeroforce is powered right through the OBDII port under the dash, easy install. The Autometer gauge came with a "T" connector that was a bit too small for the factory line, so I bought a new one at Autozone.

Total cost on the gauges and pod was a little over $400 from Lethal Performance, and then another $25 for misc stuff from Autozone (elec tape, wire, connectors, a larger "T" connector, etc). Thanks again to Hammeron for the install info!

I'm planning a supercharger install early next year, so hopefully I'll be seeing that gauge go above 0 soon. I'm leaning towards either a Roushcharger or the Brenspeed Saleen Stage 1, but there is still time to research a bit. Here are pics of the gauges:

Old 10-26-2008, 10:47 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I wanna do this, looks really good
Old 10-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Thanks man, the install was easy overall. I ran into no problems to speak of, and was just taking my sweet time. I ran the tube for the boost gauge through the grommet just above and to the left of the clutch pedal. I poked a hole in it with a small screwdriver, then fed about a foot of the tube through, and was able to easily find/grab it in the engine bay. I covered the tube with the usual black wire sheath and zip tied towards the back of the engine bay to keep it away from heat as much as possible...
Old 10-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

looks good. how you likin the interceptor?
Old 10-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texotic
looks good. how you likin the interceptor?
I haven't played with it much yet, but from what I've seen it is VERY cool. Now I just need to make sure I know what all the various information actually means, so as not to look like a dummy, lol.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:33 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i like it. it looks awsome
Old 10-26-2008, 11:41 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

looks good, i really like the "scanner" guage. its good to have an actual number instead of just the "h" and the "c" on the guage for temp and other stuff too. good mod.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

did u consider the dual areoforce set up? you can add a boost reading to the analog input, and have 4 readings displayed at all times
Old 10-27-2008, 06:31 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

nice job, they look great
Old 10-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
did u consider the dual areoforce set up? you can add a boost reading to the analog input, and have 4 readings displayed at all times
I did, however I wanted a regular 'ol mechanical boost gauge with the needle on it. I'll only be running 5-6psi, depending on which blower I get, so these gauges should suffice for me.

Quick Reply: New Gauges/Pods (pics)