Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gearing up to have my FRPP cams installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Thanks hammer. Just loaded up Bama's modified tune into the SCT for C&L race cai, JBA headers and frpp f'in cams.

I can't wait!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:52 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

me either, it should be a day
worthy of celebration

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz

I can't wait!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Flatline1980
2nd Gear Member

info us.. lol.. i'm looking at these cams as well.. i want all the info i can take in about these and the ordeal the shop has to go through to put them in.. Thanks ahead of time..
Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

we'll see what happens. now it looks like I'm going to have to push back another day to order the cam phaser bolts from Brenspeed (unless I can find them in-town tomorrow and it doesn't look positive)...
Old 10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

good cam choice..keep us updated with specs!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

I stopped by the local Ford dealer today. The parts guys couldn't tell me if they had the parts in stock, if the cam bolts were reusable, and whether the cam cover gaskets needed replacing.

He sent me over to one of the "service consultants" who actually knew what "torque to yield" meant and referred me to a local speed shop, which I will visit tomorrow for some "real" insight.

Worthless goddamn dealers... that's why my car has NEVER and WILL NEVER go back to a dealership for anything.
Aside from the parts guy not knowing whether the parts were in stock, why should he know if the cam bolts were reusable or if the cover gaskets needed replacing. Then the consultant knew what torque to yield meant and nicely referred you to a speed shop, yet the dealer is worthless. I wish the guy would have just lied to you and not tried to help you.

I have been a manager at dealers for years, only answer questions if I know the answers and will never tell a customer I know something when I don't. You are talking about cams which most dealers will never install, have virtually no knowledge of, but they are worthless for being honest when they don't know something.

You remind me of the guy who called me this morning and cussed me out because I did not know why his car was making the noise he only hears once a month.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

hey Flatline, are you asking me? if so,
what would you like to know that isn't
covered in the sticky....

Originally Posted by Flatline1980
info us.. lol.. i'm looking at these cams as well..
Old 10-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Picked mine up on "special" at Sutton HP for $699. Couldn't pass it up!
Rubrignitz, when did you pick these up? I'm guessing they are no longer on sale I just checked on Sutton and they are listed for $779...or am I missing something? If I can get them for $699, I'd have to pull the trigger on that for sure...and my wife will hate me and it will be all your fault!

Maybe I'll just contact Sutton and see if I can get them to sell them to me for $699... BTW, make sure you post a video of your setup one you get those cams on! I'm really interested in how your car is going to sound with your mods and cams.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:49 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Ok then, just curious ..... Now that most of the bugs have been worked out, and more and more out there seem to be jumping on this Mod with either the FRPP Hot Rod or Comp Thumper cams, isn't anyone affraid of not passing emissions ....?? I hear they won't pass the " sniffer " test..!! Or, am I missing the boat here on this one ....!!!

Last edited by 07 GT E UPP; 10-28-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

07 GT E UPP - I already looked into that (I was concerned about it too). I should be able to get around the sniffer as long as the cats are still on (and they are) and I live in central TX so getting ET isn't a problem.

Sleep Deprived - I had pre-ordered the cams last Wednesday for the sale to go through on Friday and the salesman called me back on Thursday, offerred the "one-day" special of $699. I jumped on it.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 10-29-2008 at 05:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Gearing up to have my FRPP cams installed