Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

production concern

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 10:15 PM
jay

Default production concern

i ordered an 05 gt feb 11th and still dont have a scheduled build date, everytime i call my dealer and ask him what is going on he tells me that they call ford every day and get the same response, that is no date, i have also heard that 2005 production ends in july? is this true? if so when in july? my contract says my car will be delivered by june 30th. the question i have is, will i be getting my car or will i have to settle for an 06, and if so will i get it at my contract price for the 05 of 23700.00? my dealer does not have an answer for these questions and it really is pissing me off. does anyone have any answers? my dealer is very small and i dont know how the allotment works. they tell me that they have a few other 05 gts on back order as well. i have tried calling the 800# that i got off of this site and they tell me it is for dealers only! wtf, i cant get any help from anyone on this. its been over 3 months since i ordered this car and i am no further along than day one. i have this bad feeling im never going to see my 05 gt, it really sucks when i see other ones on the road while mine is in limbo somewhere, once again any help on this would be gteatly appreciated. thanx.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:24 PM
fire19

Default RE: production concern

Hey Jay, did you get a VIN number yet?
Old 05-19-2005, 10:56 PM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the second level of 05 Mustang hell. Get used to it. Who knows, you might get lucky and get one someone else ordered but the deal fell through. It happened to me and a couple of others here.

Steve
Old 05-19-2005, 11:06 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

I don't know how you are staying sane having ordered the car in February. I am not sure what I would be doing if I were in your shoes, but I would be pissing someone off just try try to get some satisfaction. I've only been waiting since 2/25 and it seems like forever.

I think the must frustrating thing is that you read the posts on here of people getting their cars in just a few weeks, so you know there is truth to this whole allocation BS, but you can never get a straight answer from anyone at the dealer, plus you never know exactly what to believe from here too..

Like you said, no body seems to be able to give you an answer about if you will get a 05, or if your price is protected for a 06 if it falls that way.. You would hope that Ford would be providing more info for us, but I guess not.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:52 AM
jthedges05
1st Gear Member

I ordered my Mustang on February 28th and recieved the car on March 24th. Why is everyone elses cars taking so long?

This is puzzling to me.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:25 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jthedges05

I ordered my Mustang on February 28th and recieved the car on March 24th. Why is everyone elses cars taking so long?

This is puzzling to me.
Two words = "Vee Six"
Old 05-20-2005, 02:47 AM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: don_w

ORIGINAL: jthedges05

This is puzzling to me.
Two words = "Vee Six"
(Whistles innocently)

Hey Jay? Do you have a copy of your Vehicle Order Confirmation? If you call the automated 800 number you can use the info off of it to check if a date has been scheduled. You just need your deal number, body type (T8?) and Order Number.

Hoose84
Old 05-20-2005, 03:55 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

I was in the same boat. Ordered feb and was waiting waiting and waiting. The words "Clean and Unscheduled were starting to cause a violent reaction in me everytime I heard them. Then I got of my butt and started looking around. I found out that the "invertory" that the ford vehical website can give you about dealerships was not actually correct. I saw one GT on the web at a dealer so I went to investigate. They actually had Three!!! So get out and look around. Leave your number with everyone in a 500 mile radius. Something might just slip through the cracks. I did for me. I got more than I ordered and I am very happy. It can happen to you. You don't have to sit and wait...[sm=signs003.gif]
Old 05-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

This is what I have learned being in the process for the last 2 months and having my car on order for 6 weeks now. Dealers get allotments of each type of car. The GT is in high demand so they dont get many alloted. There is alot that goes into allotments like how many cars does this perticular dealer sell per year. How many extra V6's will they have to take for each GT. Gas mileage averages per vehicles sold in the lot etc. My dealer gets 2 GT's each round of allotments and then resubmits after each GT is actualy sold to the customer. So he cant even put my order in until they get there 2 alloted GT's in and sold each round. I have moved from #8 on the list to number 5 over the last 2 months. I wanted a Sonic Blue GT but I may default to an 06 which I have mixed emotions over. There seems to be alot of major problems with this new model year car from reading guys bitchs on this forum so I think for me waiting for an 06 may not be a bad thing if thats what happens. Especially paying MSRP for a car that would be a year old before I drive it off the lot if I did get my 05. So long story even longer, you may want to find another dealer that has an alloted GT still available. Most salesman dont have a clue on allotments. You need to get to and talk to the head guy thats in charge of the ordering the cars for the dealership. He will know exactly where you are on the list. But in saying that know that they dont have control on how fast Ford builds them and ships them out. If you go to a dealer maybe way out of town they may have an allotment left for a GT. If they have a confirmed alloted car left it is about 6-8 weeks to get your car from the time you order it. If your on a list and your not on the current round of allotments you can add the 6-8 weeks behind all the other factory orders. It amazes me that a Company like Ford that has been around as long as they have really doesnt have there $hit together with regards to giving people that order a car an acuarate time frame!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:15 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

My original order was placed on 11/17/04 with a small dealer in my town and it is still clean and unscheduled but may have a VIN today or Monday and they did all they could to get it sooner. Got tired of waiting and placed another order on 3/23/05 at a higher volume dealer and that is still clean and unscheduled. On 5/13/05 I found a sonic blue GT on a dealer web site about an hour away from home. I called the dealer and mae the deal over the phone. I went on 5/14/05 and picked it up. Don't go by the Ford Dealership Inventory site, that is what I did for months. Many times there will be a car in your area that someone has pulled out of the deal. Those cars don't get listed on the Ford web site. It is better if you call around and talk to the new car sales manager at each dealer around you and ask them if they are expecting any in that a customer has pulled out or if they have any in stock. Chances are you may get close to the one on order.

Good luck in your searches.

Quick Reply: production concern