Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gt and gt premium?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:59 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I actually have the premium and I'm really glad I got it.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I have a Premium and couldn't begin to guess what the differences are from the Deluxe. That's the way the dealer located it based on the "must have" list of options I gave them.

Personally, I prefer cloth seats to the semi-leather. The heated seats I could live without, especially if I had cloth. I think the Shaker 500 is decent for OEM but I rarely use the disc player, opting for Sirius 90% of the time.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

In '05 I bought the premium package for the leather seats.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

We got an '08 GT Premium. I think it had to start out as a Premium in order to get the power passenger seat, which was a "must-have" option. The leather seats we'd have got either way (for ease of entry/exit as much as anything).

I'm not into the newer/fancier in-car entertainment stuff at all, and the Shaker 500 is probably more sound system than I'd have ever opted for otherwise. I certainly don't need any more power than that. But it is nice on a long trip to be able to load up 5 or 6 hours worth of music that I either don't have to do anything with at all or can change on the fly. So I'm at least happy enough with it to consider starting at that level next time around.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 10-29-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:48 PM
SSFenris
2nd Gear Member

I was going to post something about the quality of the premium sound systems (Mach and Shaker) but to each their own. When I bought my '04 GT, navigation, Sirius, power passenger seat, and heated seats weren't options. I know many people dislike leather seats, but I'd never have anything but in my car. To me it just lends some class to the vehicle. I don't know what the S197's do with their leather seats, but I know I have embroidered ponies on mine.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:39 AM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

to me the premium is a must have. when talking about your car the first thing people ask is if you have leather seats and i can always say yes. its a sign of a nice car to a lot of people, and it looks better. if i could save money and delete the shaker i would have. you can always get an aftermarket hu thats twice as good and half the price. that was always my plan and then i bought the f900bt.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:38 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

you can probably make up for all the items the prem is missing through mossmustang or whatever, but for resale, its still not a prem package technically, so you will just loose all that. its all up to you tho
Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I don't consider leather seats "premium", especially the Stang's combination of "leather trim" and vinyl. I've always had cloth seats and prefer them hands-down to leather. But to each his own...
Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

I ordered the premium when I got mine. In fact it was one of the reasons I ordered instead of buying off the lot. I love the options and wonder what the "deluxe" would even look like.......well worth it!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:11 AM
ab
2nd Gear Member

I bought my premium off the lot. Love the two tone interior dove/black. I honestly didn't even look at any thing else. The only thing I wish it had is auto lights, every once and a while I forget to turn the switch because the insruments are always lit up.

Quick Reply: gt and gt premium?????