Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gt and gt premium?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:25 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Default gt and gt premium?????

which one will you chose to buy????? i konw premium have much more optional package..but ..compare to roush and saleen..its useless..so ..give me some oppion plz.......discuz without shaker 500 audio sysytem.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

i bought a gt with leather seats and just customized how i wanted it exactly.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

the premium comes with the shaker 500 and leather seats.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:33 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

do u guys think its useful or worth to buy a premium? except the shaker 500
Old 10-28-2008, 07:49 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

There is more too it than a shaker and leather seats. The deluxe (non-premium) doesn't have metalic trim in the steering wheel or anywhere else except the door handle.

Not sure what the other difference are, but there are several minor differences.

The deluxe has 2 gauges instead of 4 in the center of the gauge cluster. I think the odometer and tach are a little different - like 140mph instead of 150 or something like that. Not sure what else there is.

I bought a deluxe instead of a premium and I do not regret it. I am spending my money on things like a custom hood, headers, CAI, etc. instead of leather seats and a shaker 500.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:01 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I am glad that I got the premium package on my car. The premium models get the 6 gauge instrument cluster with the trip computer, leather seats, and the Shaker 500 (which actually sounds good).

I hear a lot of people complain about the interiors on their Mustangs. I love my premium interior with the IUP and the two-tone premier trim package - the console lid and dash are leather and look and feel great! The leather seat are ok, not as nice as a Lexus, but fine for a muscle car. I also got a billet shifter **** and GT500 pedals included in one of the interior packages (I switched out the shifter for a Steeda Tri-Ax).

So yea, I think that the premium model is worth the extra dough!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 PM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

how much extra dough is it really though.. like $3 or 4K? now work that into a monthly payment, thats not that much..
Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 PM
SSFenris
2nd Gear Member

well, things have changed since I bought my GT Premium 5M in '04, but I think they're still doing it the same way, generally... the Premium is the basis for all the 'special edition' models (the Bullitt, the GT/CS, etc), which makes it, in my mind, a little classier. When I got mine (2004), it came with leather seats, power driver's seat and the Mach 1000 sound system. Since mine was an 'anniversary edition (64-04), I elected to delete the 'anniversary add-on', so I didn't get the anniversary plates or the (ghey) stripes. I want to say it cost me, total, an additional $4k, but I have just about every Ford-available option except the convertible top. Just my .02
Old 10-28-2008, 10:21 PM
atvcrazy
1st Gear Member

Mine has every option - navigation. It has dual power heated seats, convertible, shaker 1000 and so on. Its a nice package, far better than what you would find in the previous body style.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I just checked and I see how the Premiums now come with a whole lot more upgrades over the Deluxe. In 2005 all you go twas the leather and Shaker 500.

I would probably go with the Deluxe and the cloth seats, as they grip better, if it weren't for those silly patterns they have! What do you get in the GT? Ponies? Or the word MUSTANG all over the seat? The stereos are all worthless, so it would be better to save the bucks for an upgrade!

Quick Reply: gt and gt premium?????