Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust chime in especially MikeysGT

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:37 PM
TWOKOOL
2nd Gear Member

Last weekend put on SLP Loudmouths with stock H and cats. Had a stiffy for a week now, maybe I should call a doctor like the commercial says
Old 11-02-2008, 07:42 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

yea man i love my corsa's...this weekend was the mustang mania and the guy following me was like u were driving through the parking lot and i thought u had stock exhaust then u left and got on it and i thought 2 myself HOLY SH*T... He was impressed with the sound all from just abacks

Last edited by zporta; 11-02-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:05 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

hey bro.. sorry it took so long but i was out of town for the weekend and came straight to work last night. just got home. i love the offroad H prochamber with my MAC sound. I get TONS of compliments everywhere i go. i love the sound and how loud and deep it is. no regrets on my part. i found some old videos from back when i first put the prochamber on... here they are..

Old 11-04-2008, 09:43 AM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the clips! I can only imagine how deep it sounds in person Im leaning this way except I need to know about trumpeting. I know the H trumpets alot with the macs but does it with the prochamber?
Old 11-04-2008, 10:18 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

your answer is yes it will trumpet, does with all o/r applications, there is a member on here who has mac prochamber set up with resonators added in and said it smoothed the sound out completly.

dont think its the pro chamber now that i read the video but generally the same sound, the prochamber is actually quieter then the o/r h.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-HOd...eature=related
Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

you're still going to get trumpeting if it doesn't have cats. that's all there is to it.

one suggestion would be to put bassani high-flow cats onto the prochamber. it'd be a pricey setup but I think it'd be the best sounding setup for the 05+

the bassani cats are tiny but are just enough to take out some of that rawness, yet still retain the volume.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:10 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SonicBlue05GT
you're still going to get trumpeting if it doesn't have cats. that's all there is to it.

one suggestion would be to put bassani high-flow cats onto the prochamber. it'd be a pricey setup but I think it'd be the best sounding setup for the 05+

the bassani cats are tiny but are just enough to take out some of that rawness, yet still retain the volume.

Not True......my exhaust has no "trumpeting" or "raspiness", and I don't have any kitties on my exhaust....as most are aware, i mounted 2 40 series flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers underneath the floor pan and used parts of brenspeed's o/r h to fabricate a true o/r h with mid mounted flows.......it does not sound like a 2v or 4v, but it sounds awesome ,IMO.....no more tin can sound and a few ponies were freed up......there is a slight drone at 1500 rpms, but i am never crusing at that rpm b/c of my 4:10's........i think i have tried every combo for my exhaust and i found a winner for sure!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1morepart
Not True......my exhaust has no "trumpeting" or "raspiness", and I don't have any kitties on my exhaust....as most are aware, i mounted 2 40 series flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers underneath the floor pan and used parts of brenspeed's o/r h to fabricate a true o/r h with mid mounted flows.......it does not sound like a 2v or 4v, but it sounds awesome ,IMO.....no more tin can sound and a few ponies were freed up......there is a slight drone at 1500 rpms, but i am never crusing at that rpm b/c of my 4:10's........i think i have tried every combo for my exhaust and i found a winner for sure!!!!
"i think i have tried every combo for my exhaust " you know theres more combos then boomtubes and flowmasters for our exhaust right? you got about another dozen or so mufflers to try and 6 or so diff mid pipes , toss in diff header set ups and your a tad off from every set up. you tried 2 set ups out of like 20 something lol

explain to me what a TRUE O/R H is please and how it differs from brenspeeds untrue o/r H thanks

Last edited by TOMBSTANG; 11-04-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:07 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Hey would a different muffler set-up stop the trumpeting? If I kept the H and wanted to switch the mufflers, is there a different axle-back that would eliminate it? Borlas? Powerflos? I'm between getting resonators or new mufflers. I just think the resonators would make the set-up quiet.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:01 PM
devin gt/cs
2nd Gear Member

what the hell is a true o/r h pipe? can someone explain to me?? im just as lost as tombstang on the dumb comments right now. i've only tried 3 set-ups. thats really nothing at all but i'm happy with my magnapacks and "untrue" o/r h pipe

Quick Reply: Exhaust chime in especially MikeysGT