Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust chime in especially MikeysGT

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:16 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

He's not saying that brenspeeds not a true H and his set-up is. He is saying his is a true O/R AND Mid-muffler setup. He's refering to his setup being a true mid-muffler (chambered muffler) setup.......................i think. lol
Old 11-04-2008, 04:55 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaGT
He's not saying that brenspeeds not a true H and his set-up is. He is saying his is a true O/R AND Mid-muffler setup. He's refering to his setup being a true mid-muffler (chambered muffler) setup.......................i think. lol
no hes not he clearly said his true h unlike the brenspeed one, how is pypes MID muffler andy diff then mounting flows, jus diff mufflers is all, both still mid mounted...
Old 11-04-2008, 05:13 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Man Im so confused as what to do now
Old 11-04-2008, 07:32 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
"i think i have tried every combo for my exhaust " you know theres more combos then boomtubes and flowmasters for our exhaust right? you got about another dozen or so mufflers to try and 6 or so diff mid pipes , toss in diff header set ups and your a tad off from every set up. you tried 2 set ups out of like 20 something lol

explain to me what a TRUE O/R H is please and how it differs from brenspeeds untrue o/r H thanks
i have had the following mus,mufflers: corsa, stingers,magnaflow,a/b flows, mid flows, boomtubes, slp, muffler delete, just to name a few....x and h with cats, without cats, at least seven configurations, not 2!!!!

to get the most out of an h or x crossover, you need it as close to the exhaust manifold or headers(like mine) as you can..this comes with years of experience on exhaust set-ups and real knowledge of muscle cars....imo, the stock h and any o/r h is to far back..therefore, Imo, all the 3v's sound a little off key...not that they would ever sound like a two valve or four, but i have owned and worked on mustangs,vettes, and camaros for a long time. i have not dyno'd mine yet, but i have dyno'd a stock 98 SS with thesame exact setup as my mustang.....true mid mounted mufflers with headers and a "true" o/r h that produced an 18 hp gain before the headers were added!!! so, imo, a true o/r h is longer than 3 inches and goes as close to the manifold or header as posssible.....same with the x...which i am currently working on a friend's gt....i paved the way,,,you will eventually agree, just keep spending your money on the aftermarket set-ups that always are changed over and over!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

just get the offroad h prochamber. you will love it. period.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:08 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1morepart
i have had the following mus,mufflers: corsa, stingers,magnaflow,a/b flows, mid flows, boomtubes, slp, muffler delete, just to name a few....x and h with cats, without cats, at least seven configurations, not 2!!!!

to get the most out of an h or x crossover, you need it as close to the exhaust manifold or headers(like mine) as you can..this comes with years of experience on exhaust set-ups and real knowledge of muscle cars....imo, the stock h and any o/r h is to far back..therefore, Imo, all the 3v's sound a little off key...not that they would ever sound like a two valve or four, but i have owned and worked on mustangs,vettes, and camaros for a long time. i have not dyno'd mine yet, but i have dyno'd a stock 98 SS with thesame exact setup as my mustang.....true mid mounted mufflers with headers and a "true" o/r h that produced an 18 hp gain before the headers were added!!! so, imo, a true o/r h is longer than 3 inches and goes as close to the manifold or header as posssible.....same with the x...which i am currently working on a friend's gt....i paved the way,,,you will eventually agree, just keep spending your money on the aftermarket set-ups that always are changed over and over!
lol your still about 20 or so shy....

"i paved the way" as I recall your thread where u posted your video where u rev your car to 3 grand majority of people werent very impressed, at best it was ok dont recall people stumbling over themselfs to do it, knowbody actually did.

"just keep spending your money on the aftermarket set-ups that always are changed over and over" well by the looks of it you spent a hell of alot more then I have and I have found my set up, are you sure you have all kinds of knowlegde as u claim? Knowbody with any knowledge of exhaust is going to buy , slp and muffler deletes.....you do know that muffler deletes are slp with out the stamp.....c'mon man

I guess all the LT companys dont have "real knowledge of muscle cars" locating there cross overs on there mid pipes, even pypes or any other aftermarket company, they all must not know what they are doing, If your "true h pipe" was legit it would be on all after market H pipes simple as that......

lol @ 18 hp gain from a o/r h pipe, you did say before the headers right? you get a 18 rwhp gain from your TRUE o/r h you will have paved the way but untill then you have done nothing but blow hot air, say you like your custom set up and leave it at that instead of your imaginary claims.

How many 3 valve engines have you worked on or been around with after market exhaust in all your experience....all the 3v sound off key..... you sure or maybe they sound like 3valves should im sure that is it rather then they sound off key cause the h pipe isnt 2 feet forward lol geez......
Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
lol your still about 20 or so shy....

"i paved the way" as I recall your thread where u posted your video where u rev your car to 3 grand majority of people werent very impressed, at best it was ok dont recall people stumbling over themselfs to do it, knowbody actually did.

"just keep spending your money on the aftermarket set-ups that always are changed over and over" well by the looks of it you spent a hell of alot more then I have and I have found my set up, are you sure you have all kinds of knowlegde as u claim? Knowbody with any knowledge of exhaust is going to buy , slp and muffler deletes.....you do know that muffler deletes are slp with out the stamp.....c'mon man

I guess all the LT companys dont have "real knowledge of muscle cars" locating there cross overs on there mid pipes, even pypes or any other aftermarket company, they all must not know what they are doing, If your "true h pipe" was legit it would be on all after market H pipes simple as that......

lol @ 18 hp gain from a o/r h pipe, you did say before the headers right? you get a 18 rwhp gain from your TRUE o/r h you will have paved the way but untill then you have done nothing but blow hot air, say you like your custom set up and leave it at that instead of your imaginary claims.

How many 3 valve engines have you worked on or been around with after market exhaust in all your experience....all the 3v sound off key..... you sure or maybe they sound like 3valves should im sure that is it rather then they sound off key cause the h pipe isnt 2 feet forward lol geez......
I like my "custom set-up",tombstang!!!! LT's are a whole new ball game......I wonder who you voted for.LOL
Old 11-05-2008, 07:39 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

moderator, please close off this thread.....