Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Concrete Walls HURT

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Tehrab
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Concrete Walls HURT

Yeah, I gotta side with mrbmp here, if you need tips on parking, you probably shouldn't be behind the wheel to begin with.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:41 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mrbmp

Please pay attention... it's not driving we're having problems with... it's the parking.
You can park your car without driving it??
AMAZING! Do you call it KIT?

Learning to park is a basic skill of DRIVING.
Sounds like you are having problems DRIVING the car into a parking space?

OK, just to humor you, I will rephrase my previous post:

Perhaps you should just learn how to PARK ??
I was making fun of myself for not being able to park. There's no need for hissy fits.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:28 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

As a funny aside, years ago my little brother, who was about 14 or 15, thought he'd be cute and back my dad's 71 Mustang convertible out of the garage so we could sweep up. He punched it and didn't go backwards but forwards!
My 10-speed bike that was in front of the car got pushed into the wall so hard that when he finally backed up, the bike stayed up there on the wall, half in it!
To even things up, a few years later I was driving that car and the accelerator pedal stuck when I floored it while pulling out from dropping my brother off at school! I reached down to pull the pedal up and nothing happened! Ended up panicking and running over a small signal light! Then I remembered to turn off the freakin' ignition! Duh!
My dad still owns that car! But don't know if he ever replaced the broken trottle on the carb...
Old 05-27-2005, 08:19 AM
ukstang05
1st Gear Member

Try parking your stang in a parking bay over here! The parking bays are SOOOOO small....

I'm a wizard because i used to park my Chevy Avalance (With great trouble!)

You could put foam at the front of the car so it bounces of the wall
Old 05-27-2005, 11:37 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Reminds me of a story -

Around 1982, having my license for a short time, my sister left her new Fiat Spider with us for a few weeks while traveling (the car that sold me on convertibles). I was learning to drive stick, and enjoyed driving it. To accomodate four cars in a three car garage, my dad turned our '66 Mustang coupe flat against the back wall, which allowed enough room for the Fiat in the stall. By "enough room", I mean literally 1" on the front and 1" out back. We would place a 2x4 on the floor to chock the wheels of the Fiat to know when to stop (can you see what's coming?). I started to pull in the Fiat one time, and didn't know that the board got moved. Easing the clutch out as I got close, I bumped the Mustang. Seeing and feelin the impact, I let out the clutch in panic - car lunges further forward into the Mustang and stalls (no it gets worse). I jumped out of the Fiat and peered over the fender to see a quarter-size chip in the door of the Mustang from the Fiat's license plate (but no dent). In anger, I said a bad word as I banged my fist on the fender of the Fiat, and put a creese in my sister's car.

The Fiat is long gone, but I still have that old Mustang (and you can see where I touched up the paint on the door).