Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help! car was egg'd monday night

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 12:09 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

ppl are a** holes that really sucks man sorry to hear i think you goin to need to repaint if its that bad
Old 11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

It seems like a lot of the new paints, especially the metalic ones are more easily damaged and chipped. I know mine sure is.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:19 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tfyzorg2
thats bull**** the shop said it had to be painted. I had some dumbass kids in my neighborhood egg my truck almost every other day for a YEAR because I called the cops on them when they were drunk one new-years day and were firing those "Mortar" fireworks at neighbors HOUSES =O but yeah the residue eventually baked off from sitting in the sun... so either my trucks paint is faded and i cant see it. or the egg just came off...
No it is not bull****, from what I understand the egg, when baked on, will eat the clear off of the paint. Sorry man, that sucks. Makes me glad that all my neighbors are family.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 PM
robsimp
1st Gear Member

this is crap.. people are just so f**ked up.. sorry to hear about this.. hope you find a way to get that stuff off of your car..
Old 11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
jmy2469
1st Gear Member

Little bastards nailed me also last week. Went right to the carwash on the way to work. Took most of it off. When I got home I just used some dish detergent and very hot water.It came off. Reading online, some people have also used vaseline intensive care lotion to remove eggs.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:34 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Try Scratch-x from Meguiars. Go to www.Meguiarsonline.com and ask questions there. M Phillips is a great resource and has been known to bring the dead back to life.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:57 PM
alanlee112
1st Gear Member

Sorry, man, I feel your pain. It didn't happen to my Mustang but some birds pooped on the driver side of my truck and I didn't see it for probably a week. It ruined the paint on my door, front quarter panel and hood. I couldn't believe it wouldn't come out. And if you look close you can see where the poop had a chemical reaction with the paint. I may try to buff it out but I doubt I'll be successful.

Now I keep quick detailer in the Mustang. Anytime there's poop on it I clean it asap!! It's an older truck so I'm not too worried about it although the paint is only a year old. Still glad it hit the truck and not the Mustang.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:48 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

thanks for your replies. i actually work at a dealership and i brought it to our recon center this morning, they got almost all of the glazing/hazing out of it and where it oozed down the side.... but the spot where it directly hit... is where the paint started to chip. they said that will be there until its repainted. Will attempt some wd40 and the scratch x tonight or tomorrow! should i bother taking a few pics of where the "chipping" is so that you guys can see what im talking about ?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:02 PM
alanlee112
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06stangGT
thanks for your replies. i actually work at a dealership and i brought it to our recon center this morning, they got almost all of the glazing/hazing out of it and where it oozed down the side.... but the spot where it directly hit... is where the paint started to chip. they said that will be there until its repainted. Will attempt some wd40 and the scratch x tonight or tomorrow! should i bother taking a few pics of where the "chipping" is so that you guys can see what im talking about ?
What did they do to get the hazing out?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Wet-sanding may be a good shot too. Just get a 2K-3K grit sand paper, with some warm water, sand it lightly. Then, I'd try to claybar it, and wax it, then buff with Rubbing compound. Good luck!

I'm glad some of the hazing came out. Egg is tough, but I've managed to get it out of my old GT. The Cobra has had a ton of bird crap that sat for several days, that I still got out. It's a bitch to deal with.

Quick Reply: help! car was egg'd monday night