Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help! car was egg'd monday night

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:09 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Angry help! car was egg'd monday night

so i go out tuesday afternoon and find that the car has been eggd monday night, right under the side window behind the drivers door... i couldnt see the drivers side from where i was, so i didnt find this until mid afternoon. I drove home as soon as i saw it and went through the detail process... this did not remove the "marks" all the way. the paint is chipping in a few spots where the egg directly hit its burnt into the paint and the drip spots are also burnt in where it oozed down the side of the car. I took it to a detail shop and they said that thats going to be there unless i get the panel repainted. !!! does anyone have any experience with what might work to remove some of this glazing ? i washed it, used a swirl and haze remover as well as a revive polish and have had no luck.

rant done.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:32 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06stangGT
so i go out tuesday afternoon and find that the car has been eggd monday night, right under the side window behind the drivers door... i couldnt see the drivers side from where i was, so i didnt find this until mid afternoon. I drove home as soon as i saw it and went through the detail process... this did not remove the "marks" all the way. the paint is chipping in a few spots where the egg directly hit its burnt into the paint and the drip spots are also burnt in where it oozed down the side of the car. I took it to a detail shop and they said that thats going to be there unless i get the panel repainted. !!! does anyone have any experience with what might work to remove some of this glazing ? i washed it, used a swirl and haze remover as well as a revive polish and have had no luck.

rant done.
You can try some aggressive polishing compounds, but I believe that detail shop is right on the money. Your car is going to have that blemish on it unless you get it repainted. Eggs, as well as some other food items, can leave permanent marks on a car. Sorry.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:32 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Try using some scratchX found at an autozone type place, I love that stuff.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:51 AM
lbballin9
3rd Gear Member

I used WD40 to get some sh*t off of my car one time, and it worked really really well
Old 11-05-2008, 09:07 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

i am going to try the wd40 when i get out of work tonight. As far as the scratchX, i have a bottle of that... didnt think about doing that, so i will try that as well. thanks for the quick input. any other remedies ?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:23 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

This might sound stupid I didn't believe him when the guy told me to get the tar off my car after the track from the burnouts, peanut butter!

I was using oops but it took so much liquid to get it off and it would smear it but eventually you get it off.

Using peanut butter would take just a little bit and took the tar off sooo easy. I know it sounds wierd but it really works well.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sevenleaf
This might sound stupid I didn't believe him when the guy told me to get the tar off my car after the track from the burnouts, peanut butter!

I was using oops but it took so much liquid to get it off and it would smear it but eventually you get it off.

Using peanut butter would take just a little bit and took the tar off sooo easy. I know it sounds wierd but it really works well.
never heard that one before, thanks for the tip
Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

just key your car and tell insureance that the whole thing needs to be repainted
oh and btw does that mean this person knows you cause they hit the spot you can't see?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 AM
tfyzorg2
2nd Gear Member

thats bull**** the shop said it had to be painted. I had some dumbass kids in my neighborhood egg my truck almost every other day for a YEAR because I called the cops on them when they were drunk one new-years day and were firing those "Mortar" fireworks at neighbors HOUSES =O but yeah the residue eventually baked off from sitting in the sun... so either my trucks paint is faded and i cant see it. or the egg just came off...
Old 11-05-2008, 12:01 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Unfortunately the only real thing that is going to fix it is repainting the area.

It completely makes me nauseous to think how disrespectful people can be towards things that do not belong to them.

I put both stangs in the garage around here at night.....I don't even trust my own neighbors.

Quick Reply: help! car was egg'd monday night