Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got the new mustang! Now I need the information!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:06 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xeremeh
From what I understand, tuning should only be done after every few mods because it is different for each vehicle/part setup, yes? I think that CAI will be the first thing I'll be looking at. What do you recommend?

As far as personal styles, I am REALLY digging the Trufiber Venom Hood with pins look. Any suggestions as for contact and pricing for this?

Let me know which style you want. They are coming out with the GTS3 hood with pins soon.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the responses, all.

How difficult is it to change out the front end to the GT500? Is this a shop replacement, or can it be done by a committed novice in less than a day with instructions? As well, as far as tuners go, how do they work? From what I've seen so far, you buy the tuner that comes pre-programmed with a few settings that diagnoses your 'stang, then modifies it a little each time you apply it?
Old 11-05-2008, 02:12 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the responses, all.

How difficult is it to change out the front end to the GT500? Is this a shop replacement, or can it be done by a committed novice in less than a day with instructions? As well, as far as tuners go, how do they work? From what I've seen so far, you buy the tuner that comes pre-programmed with a few settings that diagnoses your 'stang, then modifies it a little each time you apply it?

Let me put it to you this way, "a training monkey can do it". I did mine by myself in a thunderstorm in the porring down rain outside with out any problems at all. Talk to Mellow if you would like info on other hood options from Trufiber that don't need the GT500 front end conversion done or for ones with, he is the man!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:33 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

the first thing i think should be done is swap out that shifter!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:37 PM
shoepolishsmelling
2nd Gear Member

Good to see another servicemember utalizing ENCS they can really get you a good deal on vehicles, I have my 09 ordered as well only i should be able to get her when im home for christmas, as far as mods go everyone that i talked to whether it is here on this forum or here in italy has said a CAI with Tune should be first on the list. I also have a one piece driveshaft sitting in the garage couldnt resist especially since i have all that deployment money lol anyways
keep the faith & stay safe
Old 11-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shoepolishsmelling
Good to see another servicemember utalizing ENCS they can really get you a good deal on vehicles, I have my 09 ordered as well only i should be able to get her when im home for christmas, as far as mods go everyone that i talked to whether it is here on this forum or here in italy has said a CAI with Tune should be first on the list. I also have a one piece driveshaft sitting in the garage couldnt resist especially since i have all that deployment money lol anyways
keep the faith & stay safe
Grats on being home for Christmas! I've still got until February.. yuck. What CAI would you suggest, as well as what type of tuner and from who? I'm still very new to the tuner concepts.

Originally Posted by cutterwolf
Let me put it to you this way, "a training monkey can do it". I did mine by myself in a thunderstorm in the porring down rain outside with out any problems at all. Talk to Mellow if you would like info on other hood options from Trufiber that don't need the GT500 front end conversion done or for ones with, he is the man!
Thanks for the info! I really like the GT500 front end conversion and viper hood look, so that is what I will be going for first. Do these kits from you guy come painted already, or do I need to get in touch with my guy in Austin?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

First, thanks so much for serving our country and keeping us safe. I come from a military family myself and know full well the hardships having our loved ones away can bring to a family!
Second, you are so lucky to be getting your car when you get home! How cool is that!
You will not want to get out of it! Luckily it looks like you are in a place where driving that car in February won't involve snow and road salt!
I love the Alloy, you don't see many GT's in that color. My Dad has an '07 Alloy Pony 6'er and sometimes I wish I got my GT in that color.
Knowing that car is coming is gonna help the next couple weeks go by fast!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:30 AM
ptaylor_9849
2nd Gear Member

Here's a big money saver for you. Before you go out and drop five grand on a supercharger or any other expensive mod, do yourself a big favor and change the shifter and rear end gears. I was going to buy a Roush 427R for 40 grand when I found an 07 GT online with 4:10 gears, short throw shifter, CAI and tune for under 20 grand. You will be shocked when you see what different gears do to this car. It really comes alive for one tenth the price.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:12 PM
shoepolishsmelling
2nd Gear Member

Grats on being home for Christmas! I've still got until February.. yuck. What CAI would you suggest, as well as what type of tuner and from who? I'm still very new to the tuner concepts.

Thanks for the info! I really like the GT500 front end conversion and viper hood look, so that is what I will be going for first. Do these kits from you guy come painted already, or do I need to get in touch with my guy in Austin?

Thanks in advance!
well for me i bought the c&l racer with diablosport tuner but alot of people say that they like the Xcal2 tuner then there are a variety of sites that sell the combo that will send the tuner with a couple of tunes specifically for you and your setup what guy in austin? lol i just looked and saw that you are stationed in hood, Im picking my 09 up in austin that is where i grew up
Old 11-06-2008, 03:20 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Thanks in advance!
No the kit does not come painted you will have to get that done yourself just shop around and find a good shop to do the paint work for you. Here is what I did and it saved me a $1000 bucks on my paint work. Trade your stock parts to the shop doing the work for a price break. After all you won't need them any more anyway Also, and this goes for everyone who is serving or has served in the armed forces, "Thank you for serving our country!" I'm a retired USAF vet myself now working on my second retirement with DHS.

Quick Reply: Finally got the new mustang! Now I need the information!