Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decided to go oldschool..

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Decided to go oldschool..

Alright so scratch my plans for all that other stuff Roush Fascia and Cervini Hood I think im gonna go the easier/cheaper way and get a Boss stripe kit I never realized how good they look on a red stang until today but the reason I am saying this is I want to paint my Spoiler a nice flat black like the stock mirror plastic? How can i make the spoiler that color? What paint should I use? or should I just use a body shop? From waht I have seen/heard it seems like it would be pretty simple.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:23 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

You change your mind more than a woman........ (just teasing!)

Others around here have used "Hot Rod Black" to get that nice satin/matte finish on their spoilers and it looks great.

The boss stripe is a good choice...I think you'll be happy.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:24 PM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

Your never going to get the same texture as the mirror and spolier as they have different finishes but you can get that flat black style pretty easily.... If you haven't done any body or part painting before then I say go to a shop.... its not that its difficult its just that its a bit of a pain and if you go wrong you have to start from scratch....

Also consider looking on ebay or hubcapsplus for pre-painted parts as you might just be able to find a whole new spoiler in flat black that you just have to fit....
Old 11-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah but if i dont try it myself how will i learn? Eventually i would like to know how to do pretty much anything on a car guys gotta have something to do with his free time. Trial and error is probably one of the best ways but anyway, thanks for the info and yeah I think i will like it. Hell even when i was 13 I was dreaming of getting a 69 mach 1 then the S197 came out and I was like... thank you god.... can't believe i didnt think of this sooner.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:35 PM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Yeah but if i dont try it myself how will i learn? Eventually i would like to know how to do pretty much anything on a car guys gotta have something to do with his free time. Trial and error is probably one of the best ways but anyway, thanks for the info and yeah I think i will like it. Hell even when i was 13 I was dreaming of getting a 69 mach 1 then the S197 came out and I was like... thank you god.... can't believe i didnt think of this sooner.
That's a good point.... my recommendation then is to start on something small.... work on painting different surfaces with different brands of paint, learn the skills, prepping, painting, wet sanding, etc.... then move onto the spoiler... a few weeks of playing around and you should be able to pick it up no problem....
Old 11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

great idea thank's Big also I love the look of Cervini's B9 Hood scoop the only problem is I hate that it is non-functional and I would assume seeing as it is a scoop it will scoop air but if the air cant escape under the hood wont that hurt aerodynamics pretty badly.... so i was wondering (puts on flame suit for being a tard) if you could cut a whole much like you would for the CDC Shaker underneath just to let air escape and possibly even cool the engine or maybe even get a CDC shaker and then put the B9 Scoop over the shaker? BTW I dont really like how "small" the shaker system scoop is and not sure how much i would like the actual shaking...thanks

Last edited by Branomano06GT; 11-05-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:38 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

im glad 2 see u goin a diff. direction then most of the other...
Old 11-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Yea seems like everyone likes to move it forward when they do there mods GT-GT500 or V6-GT's kinda rare having someone step back and add some old school stuff which I have always loved. Old School American Muscle Cars were the best and will always be you can't just replace them they were 100% pure power. I seem to go that way with everything I do video games or in real life full on brute force and I guess Boss is defintely a good word for that. =)
Old 11-05-2008, 03:11 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
great idea thank's Big also I love the look of Cervini's B9 Hood scoop the only problem is I hate that it is non-functional and I would assume seeing as it is a scoop it will scoop air but if the air cant escape under the hood wont that hurt aerodynamics pretty badly.... so i was wondering (puts on flame suit for being a tard) if you could cut a whole much like you would for the CDC Shaker underneath just to let air escape and possibly even cool the engine or maybe even get a CDC shaker and then put the B9 Scoop over the shaker? BTW I dont really like how "small" the shaker system scoop is and not sure how much i would like the actual shaking...thanks
As far as being a drag on aerodynamics, I would not say it would be noticeable, especially since our cars are like bricks anyway. As far as making the hood functional, where there is a will theres a way. You could even fab up your own ram air with fiberglass. It isnt that hard to do with practice.

Sounds like it will turn out nice. I like the black and red color scheme.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I have always liked this stang off the baltimore street mod site.

Quick Reply: Decided to go oldschool..