Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going from Roush louvers to Silverhorse louvers

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:00 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default Going from Roush louvers to Silverhorse louvers

As you might remember, about a month ago I posted a thread about my Roush quarter louvers' paint raising and cracking. I contacted the dealership that did them and they agreed to send me a brand new pair. I'd bought the original ones over a year prior from them. So, the new Roush louvers just arrived at my home today. And that got me thinking...

I've really been digging the Silverhorse louvers as of late. I'm kind of considering selling the new Roush louvers and going with the Silverhorse ones. I love the Roush and think they look great on my car, but there's just something about the Silverhorse that I'm really drawn to. What do you all say?

Last edited by VictoriaRR; 11-05-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Whatever you like the most =) maybe even keep the Roush ones get the silverhorse and switch them whenever you want depending on your mood =)
Old 11-05-2008, 03:11 PM
jvecero3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Whatever you like the most =) maybe even keep the Roush ones get the silverhorse and switch them whenever you want depending on your mood =)
Actually, I don't think you can do that. The Silverhorse louvers actually replace the window, whereas the Roush just cover the existing window. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:12 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

You could lay the Roush over the SHR, don't see why you couldn't, i'd just go with the SHR though
Old 11-05-2008, 03:30 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I really like the SHR louvers and I think they'll look great on your car!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

SHR louvers FTW. I have them and I absolutely love them. Really sets the stang apart from others.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:42 PM
jvecero3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
You could lay the Roush over the SHR, don't see why you couldn't, i'd just go with the SHR though
You couldn't mount the brackets for the Roush louvers, though.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:43 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Well, technically it would work but it wouldn't be a very good idea. The Roush louvers have an adhesive that sits at the base of the quarter window. Removing the Roush louver would leave these adhesives and brackets exposed. There's also the issue of the adhesives and brackets, and perhaps the louver itself, rubbing against whatever is underneath it, which could scratch a supposed SHR louver. Then there's the issue about visibility being greatly limited. But that's just being technical.

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
I really like the SHR louvers and I think they'll look great on your car!
Hey thanks, 05 Mustang. I think they'd look good too... it would be a pretty far cry from the Roush louvers, though. Plus I wouldn't be able to do the install myself. I imagine it to be a pretty pricy modification due to the paint and labor and installation.

Can anyone chime in on that?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:35 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

I have the SHR louvers and absolutely love them (had the stick on louvers before that). Do yourself a HUGE favor though if you are going to get them - buy the prepainted ones from SHR. I went through 3 sets of unpainted ones with 2 different paint shops til I got a set done properly. Many shops aren't used to painting Lexan and are not going to take the time to properly mask off the louvers prior to painting. If you are a perfectionist like me, save yourself a lot of headaches and get them prepainted from SHR.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:41 PM
d_ames117
2nd Gear Member

Ditto.

Quick Reply: Going from Roush louvers to Silverhorse louvers