Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What times/dynos are you nitrous guys getting?

Old 11-07-2008, 09:25 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
do the install yourself and pay for the dyno tune only, save yourself some money man its not very hard, mustangbatman did most of mine for me cause he has done one already but after seen how its done its not to much work, nothing advanced thats forsure, splicing some wires and that is it.

Im only running a 75 shot but once I install the frpp cams I am going to toss it on the dyno Im expecting to be around 415 rwhp with the 75 shot with my most aggressive tune give or take a few ponies.

p.s it pulls harder then any other form of F/I from what I have experienced, Ive been in a few TS s197 and also centri s197 no turbo yet but niether hit as hard as the N20 does, Ive been in my car with 75 shot wich feels just as hard as the whipple putting down 440 rwh and Ive been in another stang running 125 shot that wasnt even comparable to any of them. just the torque factor that does it though but thats what most people enjoy is that stuck in ya seat feeling.

go for it, IMO good choice untill you can afford a blower or if you dont even get on it that much also a good alternative, 400 hp is plenty for the street untill you get bored of it........
Dude, I hate to say it, but a 75shot isnt much of nothing on these cars. Spray a 125 or 150 shot FTW. I wish I still had my nitrous setup, because I would take the supercharger back off. 150shot is awesome on et streets
Old 11-07-2008, 09:37 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

BTW, my car was faster when it was on a 150 shot than it is now. 11.67 vs 12.0
Old 11-07-2008, 10:59 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by D_Gusler
Dude, I hate to say it, but a 75shot isnt much of nothing on these cars. Spray a 125 or 150 shot FTW. I wish I still had my nitrous setup, because I would take the supercharger back off. 150shot is awesome on et streets
lol guess u didnt read my post, I said I have been in cars with the larger shots aswell and compared my 75 shot to a whipple putting down 440 rwhp, Didnt claim the 75 shot to be anything crazy just compared it.

N20 set up is $500 and your blower is prob 4 grand plus and u wish u had your nitrous .......why not just get another N20 kit with your blower go forged and do ya trans and clutch and call it a day , or Ill trade you my kit for your blower, lets see how serious u are now lol. I got all the goodies for it aswell

S/C/+N20 is FTW
Old 11-07-2008, 11:48 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

hmm giggle gas is looking good to me but wont it hurt the motor????
Old 11-07-2008, 11:50 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

my dad (i know not the best source) says it will kill the motor so fast say good bye. but after seeing those numbers makes me think. also your only spraing when you need it so why not, also what kinda spray are you guys running? a dry shot into the intake tube?
Old 11-08-2008, 12:33 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
my dad (i know not the best source) says it will kill the motor so fast say good bye. but after seeing those numbers makes me think. also your only spraing when you need it so why not, also what kinda spray are you guys running? a dry shot into the intake tube?
I was told by Doug at Bama that we must run a wet shot, there is no way to tune for a dry shot. Also, I don't think it is any worse than doing any other power adder.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:09 AM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

so we need a wet kit and a custom dyno tune or can a great tuner such as bama or bren really tune this from the web? and how oes one tune for an instant boost level? would it effect the rest of the driving without the giggle gas? I would only hit the go go button while im on the track and probbably not that often.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:31 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

i only use it at the track, partly because i never get any action from cars on the street... if you decided to get the kit, i STRONGLY recommend a custom dyno tune! like i had said before, i ran my nitrous with a mail order tune, wont mention from who, but i used it once at the track a couple of days before my custom tune for 3 passes. once i got it on the dyno with that mail order tune it turned out to be very lean on the top end. i'm lucky i didn't mess anything up. nitrous is safe if you do it the right way and don't push a 250 plus shot into our motors. i'd say you'd be good up to a 150 shot if tuned the right way. i'm at a 100 shot and i love it, i might bump it up to 150 pretty soon though....
Old 11-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

I run a 100 shot.Had it at 125 shot but couldn't get my air fuel mixture to stay in the safe zone. At 80 mph air fuel was dropping below 9. Melted a set of plugs. Im using Holleys N20 wet set up. I researched, and the Zex kit seems to be the best if your going over a 100 shot. Just curious what size jets for N20 & fuel you guys are using for 100,125,150 shots ?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:08 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

i forget what size jets i'm using for the 100 shot but i couldn't get the air fuel ratio locked in when i tried the 150 shot... think i need to upgrade my fuel pump if i want to bump it up more than my 100 shot..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What times/dynos are you nitrous guys getting?