Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License Plate LED

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 10:07 PM
07 Cervini
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
PM boostaddict and I know for a fact that a member bought his kit and placed a resistor inline with the bulb sets he bought and it worked. Call him or PM him....he might be working on aa solution that he can sell but if you still want the kits ask him about the resistor (type size etc) and he should be able to take care of you.....unless you already did PM or call him?
I havent spoken with him yet, but seeing how the thread ( https://mustangforums.com/forum/s...d.php?t=481605 ) ended almost two months ago with no sign of a fix makes me alittle nervous. I thought changing the rear plate light was going to be as easy as removing one bulb and replacing it with another, but it seems that is not the case.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:11 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thats why I am waiting as well...... I will buy them next week and get back to you guys..... I am sure it was easy and cheap mod (adding the resistor) and anyone with a high school degree can do it...if you contact him first shoot me a PM and give the details....thanks
Old 11-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by esanger
I did not see anything about requiring a resisitor. Looked like Boostaddict identified the problem and there is no solution yet..
Originally Posted by Jokeurmnd
resistor go for how much???

We were able to identify the issue and it basically calls for most 05-07 cars to run a resistor with the reverse lights only. The dome lights and license plate lights won't need the resistors.

We have the lights and the required resistors at the link below. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions. Thanks, Jared

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...lightning.html
Old 11-09-2008, 09:03 AM
07 Cervini
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boostaddict
We were able to identify the issue and it basically calls for most 05-07 cars to run a resistor with the reverse lights only. The dome lights and license plate lights won't need the resistors.

We have the lights and the required resistors at the link below. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions. Thanks, Jared

Is there any splicing involved when installing the license plate lights?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:44 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Just with the reverse lights from what Lethal said above.....
Old 11-17-2008, 01:23 PM
rocafella99

so I tried replacing my license plate light today with an LED one that I bought but I was unable to do it. I replaced the 2 screws that hold that plastic piece in place but once I did that i could not remove the cover. any tips?
Old 11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

which bulbs from the OP's link are for our cars?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rocafella99
so I tried replacing my license plate light today with an LED one that I bought but I was unable to do it. I replaced the 2 screws that hold that plastic piece in place but once I did that i could not remove the cover. any tips?
The screws that you're speaking of aren't really screws but locks for a grommet. Just like the ones when you try and remove the radiator shroud you'll need to remove the screw looking piece first and then pop the other (grommet) piece out. Once you do that the assembly will easily come off.

Jared
Old 11-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by zporta
which bulbs from the OP's link are for our cars?

Here ya go. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Jared

Old 11-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Sixx
1st Gear Member

I replaced the License lights with the LEDs from Lethal. No problems. Look great.

Quick Reply: License Plate LED