Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nothing starts your day off like a mod preventing you from driving...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:47 PM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

Wow thats a crap response from Steeda..... I have my $120 S&B filter that's a solid as a rock!! If you guys put $700 in and thats the best response they can come up with then what a waste of money....
Old 11-07-2008, 02:49 PM
DJStile
2nd Gear Member

Wow thats a crap response from Steeda..... I have my $120 S&B filter that's a solid as a rock!! If you guys put $700 in and thats the best response they can come up with then what a waste of money....
Well that response was from Brenspeed, not Steeda and when it's WORKING, this CAI is supposedly one of the best on the market, I just need to 100% trust my car will start and work 99.9% of the time when it's about 13 months old.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:58 PM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

Opps sorry Guess I should have read it so fast - either way I still think thats lousy customer support.... you don't buy these products to only have them work part of the time....
Old 11-08-2008, 12:06 AM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

ha yeah ive got a steeda and yes the first time i installed the intake it did indeed come off and i got an error code and checked and yes a big leak. the flex rubber came off of the throttle body came off under hard acceleration. I jimmied the flex portion upward towards the TB and so far no problems. Just make sure there is rrom for your CAI to flex, Expecially if your has a connection point on the intake side as the motor bucking from hard acceleration coud knock off a tight CAI
Old 11-08-2008, 02:00 AM
fosman77
2nd Gear Member

My Neighbor has had His come loose, not sure which make His is. I checked mine.A K&N, after that and it was a little loose, So everybbody keep an eye on them.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:11 AM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

No problems with my Steeda kit.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:52 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by TheB1GDude
Opps sorry Guess I should have read it so fast - either way I still think thats lousy customer support.... you don't buy these products to only have them work part of the time....
Lousy customer support for a loose clamp? What do you suggest they do? send him a new one? Remember that Brenspeed sold the Steeda CAI to him and if he has a tune I am sure the tune that Brenspeed sent him is great. Brenspeed is the distributor and NOT the maker of the Steeda CAI....see my point?

Wow, so this does seem kind of common. For the ridiculous amount of money I (and you all) paid for the Steeda CAI, it really should be pretty much perfect assuming one follows the directions, as I did. I think it's time for an email to Brenspeed.

Response from Brenspeed:
Quote:
It is not necessarily normal but it has happened to a few different people
at different times. Taking the fact that we have sold hundreds of those
Steeda intake kits the fact that only 3 or 4 people have had their tubes
come off doesn't mean that it's a common problem
. I would just reattach it
and put the clamps screw point at the side of the opening so there is plenty
of structure and you can tighten it real secure. Go ahead and keep a screw
driver in the car "just in case" but I doubt you will have a problem. You
can also just periodically check the clamps to make sure that they haven't
gotten loose.

Thanks
Well, on this thread alone, three people plus myself have had issues of the CAI coming loose, so I'm not sure if his count is entirely accurate. I drove the car into work today and so far no issues after I re tightened everything, but I feel as though periodically check and re tighten a $700 item is not really a good solution...
Seth Gann
This number was most likely based off the fact that not all people report to Brenspeed that the clamp came loose and the ones that have (like yourself) are far and few in between. I chock this up to regularly scheduled maintenance and many things should be re tightened after a period of time to be determined by yourself. So if a bolt comes loose from the factory (anywhere on the car) because of poor roads and/ or the shaker 1000 vibrating them loose (motors flex and vibrate and move with WOT runs and normal everyday driving) you going to go to Ford and ask them to replace it? Just tighten the bolt and move on..... JMO but other than to vent in this thread what do you want from Brenspeed? They have awesome customer service and advised you of what to do....if you don't want to do that then if the CAI falls off are you going to blame Brenspeed? Just do some maintenance and your golden...enjoy the power!
Old 11-08-2008, 02:52 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

I had problems with my K&N my C&L is fine though has never come lose
Old 11-08-2008, 08:37 AM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

C&L CAI here. Almost 22,000 miles with it on. No problems with it coming loose...ever.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:45 AM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

I never had any issues with a Granatelli Motor sports CAI for almost 2 years.

Quick Reply: Nothing starts your day off like a mod preventing you from driving...