Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

breaking news for auto owners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 06:58 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Not1My1Fault
Auto>manual
Dont hate
Old 11-07-2008, 07:45 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

I normally don't manually shift...but when I do...the stock shifter is a joke. Ratchet shifting is fun now 'n then. I know...I've had 3 B&M's in previous muscle cars.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:00 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Cool to have a his & hers shifter, but the price is too much. It does look better than stock though. On the strip, the PCM can shift faster than any manual shifting, plus more consistent.

And to the auto bashers, get a f**kin' life !!!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:16 PM
2005mach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimsGT
Cool to have a his & hers shifter, but the price is too much. It does look better than stock though. On the strip, the PCM can shift faster than any manual shifting, plus more consistent.

And to the auto bashers, get a f**kin' life !!!!!
Same

I blew away a $50K saleen when he missed 3rd
Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 PM
StangHarley
1st Gear Member

I would order the B&M QuickSilver Console Shifter (as seen here: http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gtmacc.htm ) RIGHT NOW if it were available. Seemingly, it's a pipe dream. Ratchet shifters are the shiznit. By the way, my left foot is F'ed, so clutches in cars don't do it for me.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:33 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by leo_06gt
I've got an Auto and I agree it's a stupid mod. It's never going to compare to a stick shift. I think this mod is for posers or people that don't feel quite secure with their choice of auto tranny. Way to much money for something that doesn't help performance. I'd see this as more of appearance mod than anything else.

Seriously...that's one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard.
1. Who said anything about comparing it to a stick.
2. I'll agree it's a little expensive.
3. Read what Sirknight said. "Something like this may not help drag racing performance with the 5r55s, but it DOES help performance for the street. The auto in D is sluggish as **** and always wants to be in 1 or 2 gears to high. When I manually shift my auto not only is it more fun but I get much better sound and street performance.

Plus manually shifting an auto is like having a clutchless manual. You get to shift but don't have to worry about messing with a clutch all the time. You get the best of both worlds. If someone doesn't want to shift their auto, fine, but some of us like it and want to"

Main reason for the ratchet is so you can shift manually without having to worry about going from 3rd to 1st or 1st to 3rd. 1 click - 1 gear, no worry.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:46 PM
sharkbait20
2nd Gear Member

like i said, if some people want to donate a few bucks to the cause, ill buy it and do a full write up with pictures (taco style!) its, 400, not 500, which is high, yes, but its not devistating....

no, auto trannys are not manuals, but i dont think that people who drive autos "think they drive a manual". both types of trannys have their pro's and cons, so lets not turn this into a **** fight (and by **** i mean male chicken aka rooster aka ****). just thought i would share the news that i got; sooooo sorry to offend some of you..... jeeze.

so like i said, anytime u guys want to start donating, that will be fine, a few bucks here and there, thats all im wishing for, lol.

on another note, lets talk about HELLIONS! because i might be getting one. fitment? install? pros? cons? power? etc. lets hear it. thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 10:54 PM
07MustangGT_girl
2nd Gear Member

Hmm, I'm just amazed they didn't put a Tiptronic in the Mustang automatics! I mean, seriously, Mazda's and the Chevy Malibu has it where you can shift manually without a clutch. It's not new technology by any means. I hope the 2010 Mustangs at least have that. Anyways, I must chime in that I thoroughly enjoy my manual but I cannot bash on those with Automatics because I understand there are situations where automatics are nice to have.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:54 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

i wouldn't mind trying out the shifter.. yes i have an auto, but i have beaten up on plenty manual cars at the track, both mustangs and other cars putting out more power than mine. if i could do it all over i would have held out til i found a manual but at the time i was a little rushed. my next car will definitely be a manual. i never manually shift the auto on the street but sound like it would be fun to mess with this ratchet shifter. sometime the cars shifts a little early and i'd like to keep it revving a little higher before shifts to enjoy the sound of my exhaust some more on the street...
Old 11-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

Im on the waiting list,Yes TCI has developed a waiting list.It was at around 2300 two months ago.When I talked to TCI they said they were only releasing 4 of them to selected speed shops for testing on there modded cars.Yes 4 of them.

Quick Reply: breaking news for auto owners!