Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush rear spring questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:20 AM
tire31539
2nd Gear Member

Default Roush rear spring questions

I've heard people say that they lowered just the back of their mustang with the roush rear springs, and I think I want to do that. I really want a set of BMR front and rear lowering springs, but I don't want to replace all of the springs until I can replace all of the shocks/struts camber brackets, etc all at once. i don't have the money for all of that and probably won't for a while since I am a broke *** college student, and even if I had the money I don't really need to spend $1500 on my car's suspension as I am on a tight budget. My question is, is the roush kit just a pair of rear springs or is it a set of front + rear springs and people only use the rear? Where's the best place to get them from? I like americanmuscle.com, and usually buy my stuff through them, but I didn't see the roush springs on their site, but I could have just overlooked them.

Anyways, thanks in advance for helping me clear this up.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:35 AM
scorpio333
2nd Gear Member

Got mine from troyfordracing.com. You can order just the rears. If you're getting the springs don't do it until you can get shocks as well. I did the springs first with the OEM shocks and wasn't happy. Added the Roush shocks and it's much better.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 AM
tire31539
2nd Gear Member

Did you replace shocks all the way around or just in the rear?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:41 AM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

You can buy roush springs as a set of 4, just the backs, or just the fronts. Check out mossmustang.com but there are many other places to get them from also. I had them (rears only) for about 2 months and they were alright I suppose. I was in the same boat as you, didnt want to spend a whole lot of money and these seemed like a nice alternative. Install was pretty easy (if choose to install yourself dont forget to load the suspension before tightening the rear bolts), and body roll was lessened. However, after 2 months I said f-it and went out and got a pro-kit and d-specs. Havent looked back since. I figure if your gonna do something, do it once, and do it right, then forget about it. But with roush springs at 120 bucks, its hard not to pass them up. I say give em a shot.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:47 AM
tire31539
2nd Gear Member

See, my thinking is this: I live in downtown Atlanta where the roads plain out suck. My mustang is my daily driver so I really don't need that chin spoiler hugging the road any closer. I think I'm going to get a pretty nice internship next summer where i'm gonna be working full time making around 15 dollars an hour so I'll have the money to completely redo the suspension. The problem is that my car has to play #2 on my priority list to school, and if I make enough to cover tuition the next semester then I need to do that to give my parents a break. I think the BMR's and shocks/struts, along with a panhard bar and sway bars, controls arms, etc. will come in a few years after I have a job, and am supporting myself. Right now i've got to play the responsible card and be smart with my money, so that's why I think just the rear springs will be a good idea.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:17 AM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Then get the roush rear springs AND rear shocks untill you are ready to tackle it all. Keep in mind I only needed springs, shocks/ struts. I did not land up needind a panhard bar and also did not need to use the camber bolts I bought. It sure is tough savin money for the car and school. Good choice.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:19 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I have the roush rears only no shocks and am pleased with the car. My car is mostly straighline but I still drive aggresive on the street with no issues.

Install is easy and they look much better IMO. For the $$ they are great. I bought mine straight from Roush.

I will say I dont have stock suspension at the rear of the car though so I dont know if that affects my review or not.

I have BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Fixed upper, and a CHE adjustable panhard bar. All bushings on the body side at poly, and everything on the axle side is rod end.

Good Luck.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:48 PM
tire31539
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all that info guys, I think I've made up my mind to go for the rear springs and shocks only. I'll be sure and post some pics if/when I order and install them.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:30 PM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

I have the Roush springs on the rear of my car with the stock shocks and I am satisfied with it. It levels out the rear of the car more closely with the front. I did not want to lower the entire car as I too live where the roads aren't so forgiving and would like to keep my front bumper and chin spoiler in one piece. I got my rear springs from Summit Racing.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

just go with the springs. if you don't like em, then think about adding shocks, but you're correct in putting school first and being smart with the money.

Quick Reply: Roush rear spring questions