Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush Stage Question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 01:55 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Default Roush Stage Question?

I'm trying to figure out what stage my girlfreinds Roush is. Its was sold as an 07 GTR with the Roush Charger, and everything else on it is Roush but it does not have the Roush body kit so what stage would it be? I would like to know so I can buy her a Roush Dash Plaque for her B-day.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
distant.soldier
1st Gear Member

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that everything that comes from Roush has their body kit on it. I know that some dealerships are Roush authorized, and will put Roushchargers on new cars they are selling so that they can up the sticker, and make more profit. Looking at their website, ALL of their cars have their body kit on it. You can always call them (Roush) and ask...all you'd need would be the VIN.

http://www.roushperformance.com/vehicles.shtml
Old 11-10-2008, 02:16 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by distant.soldier
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that everything that comes from Roush has their body kit on it. I know that some dealerships are Roush authorized, and will put Roushchargers on new cars they are selling so that they can up the sticker, and make more profit. Looking at their website, ALL of their cars have their body kit on it. You can always call them (Roush) and ask...all you'd need would be the VIN.

http://www.roushperformance.com/vehicles.shtml
Well I know the dealership is an authorized Roush dealer and I know her car is a Roush car. She even had her dash & radator cover signed by Jack Roush am I pretty sure he would not have signed it if it was not indeed a Roush car. Its almost like a sleeper since it does not sport the Roush body kit but besides that everything else is pure Roush.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:26 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

never heard of anything like it...i though all roushs had a roush body kit also
Old 11-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Here you go enjoy:

http://www.roushperformance.com/news..._story&sid=227
Old 11-10-2008, 02:54 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rford426
never heard of anything like it...i though all roushs had a roush body kit also

Ya see thats the part that has me confused too. But this car has serveral one of a kind Roush parts on it that all got special ordered like, the red stripe kit on it that I have not see on any other one, red window Roush banner, and Red RoushCharger decal on the scoop. Its a really nice looking car, the VERY brite red stripes really stand out against her black paint. I would ask her more questions about the staging and all but I don't want to let on about the up coming gift.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:57 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hootna
Thanks man! Now I just have to covertly sneek out to her car and find the info I need.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

never heard of a Roush car without their kit. use the search tool in the link 3 posts up.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

The VIN is the real key. Also if it has a Super Charger it is a Stage 3 or a 427 etc and they all have the badge under the hood and the body kit. Roush is very serious about these cars and doesnt sell the Stage 3, 427 Emblems or Dash plaques. The only ones you can buy are Stage 1 and 2. If you are lucky you can find a Stage 3 emblem on e-bay but they sell for big bucks. So I would think if they go through all that trouble to not sell them if her car was a stage 3 it would have gotten one. It could be one of the low content models that Roush sold with a SC upgrade but it should have the sticker in the door as these were counted as part of the production run for the year.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Heres something similar to what you are talking about. Not sure if there is an answer anywhere in the post.

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/05-09-...out-roush.html

Quick Reply: Roush Stage Question?