Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not Enough $$$, so the New Plan is...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 09:15 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Default Not Enough $$$, so the New Plan is...

I don't know how many of you know what is going on with my car. So a little background. I rolled into the back of my friends Isuzu Trooper just enough to scratch the paint and crack my front bumper ever so slightly. Probably a $300 fix.

And now I have decided to go ahead and take it a little further.

After a lot of debate, I decided to go with the Cervinis C-Series Front End and the Cervinis Side Exhaust (V6). I have a black 2005 V6 Manual, by the way.

After looking into my options, as of right now, I don't have enough money to get this done. Not only the parts, but I am scared how much the work would cost to get this all on my car.

So, I have come up with a new plan:

-Cervinis C-Series Front End
-Street Scene Side Skirts
-Street Scene Rear Valence (V6, for now...)

This is inspired (although she doesn't know it yet) by SaddleUp's car (or one of them.) I'll link to some pictures.

So the question is, how would this turn out? I just don't think I can work up enough money for the side exhaust...

Should I go with this or save and get the side exhaust? Also, any body shop guys out there, how much would this cost to be painted? Could I put these parts on myself or would I need to get the body shop to do this as well? How much would that cost?

I'm pretty tight on the money issue here but I really have my heart set on the C-Series front end. I just want to tie it in with my car the best I can.

Ideas, opinions, prices, and any other input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help and I'll post links to the parts and pics below,

HT

Street Scene 2005 Mustang V6 Rear Valance
http://www.lmperformance.com/5963/87.html

Street Scene Side Skirts 4-Piece Set
http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...iece-p-96.html

Cervinis C-Series Front End
https://www.cervinis.com/product.asp...1&id=1208#8013

SaddleUps Pics
https://mustangforums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=116
Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

I think it would look good. Not as good as the side exhaust, though.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:00 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Anyone else want to chime in on this one?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:09 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The 3D carbon rear valence has a lot smoother look with the black diffuser...
I was contemplating that piece and then the CS comes out, so I went with that.
$155 my cost, for the whole bumper back then.
$399 now (come as a kit actually).

Other than that, it's a good combo, you'll be groovin'.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:38 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the response. I'm kind of confused though. Can you send me a link to the piece you are talking about. Also, do you, or anyone for that matter, know how much it would cost to get all these pieces painted? Also, how hard would they be to install?

I'm just trying to figure out how much more expensive it would be to get this installed then it would be to get the side exhaust.

Also, how is the quality of the street scene products? I've heard nothing but good things about Cervinis but I have no clue on the Street Scene stuff.

Thanks,

HT
Old 11-13-2008, 07:25 PM
dunebuggydude11
3rd Gear Member

the parts are fairly easy to install (unless you got the exhaust) i installed a front bumper and rear bumper in less than 2 hours with no problems. i believe the sideskirts just pop on to some clips on the side.

i dont know about street scene though since i have never bought any of their stuff.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:36 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Thanks. Please everyone keep the input coming.

Paint pricing? Also, how much would it cost to get the side exhaust system set up if I decide to go that route?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:45 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by ht11121991
Thanks for the response. I'm kind of confused though. Can you send me a link to the piece you are talking about. Also, do you, or anyone for that matter, know how much it would cost to get all these pieces painted? Also, how hard would they be to install?

I'm just trying to figure out how much more expensive it would be to get this installed then it would be to get the side exhaust.

Also, how is the quality of the street scene products? I've heard nothing but good things about Cervinis but I have no clue on the Street Scene stuff.

Thanks,

HT
http://www.3dcarbon.com/
I figure about $500/600 bucks to paint your side skirts and rear valence.

As far as labor install, I have no clue since I never dealt with that brand and they're all different.

I did a aggressive CDC chin a while back, and the install was a joke...
Didn't fit for sh#t, had to modify it etc... Lost my *** on that job.
Some people had better luck with the same piece, so you never know what you get.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:48 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ht11121991
This is inspired (although she doesn't know it yet) by SaddleUp's car (or one of them.) I'll link to some pictures.
Thank you for mentioning my car....I think it all pulled together nicely.

When trying to decide what to do with my car...I didn't particularly care for the look of the Cervini's rear bumper cover. I thought it left the rear-end looking rather plain, so I opted for the Street Scene rear valance and sideskirts for one reason....it allowed me to retain my rear dual-exit exhausts. I am happy I went the route I did....mine is a little different than the other Cervini cars~!

I liked my exhausts in the back....I think it makes for a more interesting rear-end view...(plus I didn't want to lose my Borla's~!!)

Pay no attention to the orange car in this one.... ....but you can see the rear flows pretty good with the sideskirts....

Old 11-13-2008, 07:54 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Talking

I will admit that you have a very nice pair Shella.

Quick Reply: Not Enough $$$, so the New Plan is...