Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb muffler question from a noob?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:47 PM
obnoxus

Default Dumb muffler question from a noob?

Hi all - I am brand new to the forums and starting out with a real newbie question.

I just purchased a Corsa axle back set up for my 07 GT and tried installing it today. Passenger side went on without a hitch but driver's side is causing me a problem - I can't get the stock muffler off. I removed the rearmost hanger and am able to slide the muffler pipe off the H pipe but I can't get enough clearance to push the muffler back and slide it out of the other rubber hanger bushing. The H pipe has just a little to much tension on it pushing forward so that I can't move the muffler free. So, instead of listening to the rumble of my new Corsa set up this evening, I am nursing a bruised ego after unsuccessfully attempting what should be a basic install.

I finally gave up after trying to get the thing off for an hour or more - my only thought is to loosen the clamps on the H pipe up toward the front of the car - I thought maybe that would give me the little bit of extra play I need. However, with all of the folks on the forums with superior knowledge, I humbly ask if anyone has any suggestions or can point out what I may be doing wrong. Am I missing something so obvious that I am opening up myself to public ridicule here?

Thanks!