Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bfgoodrich kdw2...tire pressure

Old 11-18-2008, 12:39 AM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
I approve if they don't have any nips or privates showing (front or rear) and is the pic in your avatar your wife? WOW you scored big time with her !!!!! congrats.... and PM me if they are naughtier then I described. If it wont work for OT then it wont work here... You have my approval!

Back on topic.....I run mine at 35 psi and up that in the winter during storage to 40 psi (helps prevent flat spots during storage)
If storing for winter unless you're gonna drive it here and there, put it on jackstands IMHO, no need to risk it, tires aren't cheap man! lol... and I'm still waiting for a PM 1morepart
Old 11-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Hey guys, theres a reason the full pics arent shown

I love google image search, and being a smartarse.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:37 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by xxDerek
If storing for winter unless you're gonna drive it here and there, put it on jackstands IMHO, no need to risk it, tires aren't cheap man! lol... and I'm still waiting for a PM 1morepart
I have done it for my 3rd winter now and no issues! I went back and forth with members a few yrs ago if you should put the car on jack stands or not and most said "No need to" or "I wouldn't if I were you". I check the tire pressure periodically and move the car (push it) to a different spot every month or so. The increased pressure in the tire helps prevent the flat spot and if it does happen it will go away with driving it a few miles later. (with a 30 series tire and really no sidewall to speak of-its reinforced and has not happened yet) Thanks for the mention though!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:51 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I knew there was a reason I hung out here.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Ditto on running at 35 PSI. But like I said earlier, each model tire is different and it takes experimenting to find what works for the driver.

And with respect to the pic in Stoenr's post: "Beauty is only a light switch away..."

Old 11-18-2008, 08:47 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

...It's easier to ask for forgiveness then ask for permission .
Old 11-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

For street driving I've always run a few more psi in front tires than in rears, and it seems to be particularly beneficial in the S197 with OE rear shocks. Ride quality is noticeably better, you dial out a little of the understeer, and it isn't as sensitive to bumps while cornering. A wheel that's off the ground half the time isn't doing you any favors . . .

Right now, they're at 33-ish front / 29-30 rear (which I can justify on the basis of the car's normal loading not including rear seat passengers or heavy stuff in the trunk).

If I were to auto-X it as it sits, I'd probably start with something like 35/31.

Avatars I can see here at work (nice tight crop, BTW), but not most anything from outside picture hosting sites (and sometimes not even the link to those sites). Guess I'll have to wait until I can fire up the home computer.

Norm
Old 11-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Anyone having problems with traction on these tires?

I sure as HECK am!
I am stock and she wont hook for shat.
Input?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:09 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Nope...the tires grip great.
But in my case it may be because I have alot of upgraded suspension parts too.

Last edited by degeze; 11-18-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Dude the grip with the KDW2's is intense IMHO. I used to drop the clutch at 2500 rpms and spin up the stocks. I have to hit AT LEAST 5k rpm's now before it will even think of spinning, usually closer to 5500. I love the feedback they give in hard cornering and I can carve some serious corners I wouldn't even be able to touch with the stock tires.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bfgoodrich kdw2...tire pressure