Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

non-intercooled superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 PM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

thanks! i am leaning toward the whipple like bruce. i will probably go all out and get the polished h.o. thou. hell i dont have to give it pedal to the metal. you believe as i am writing this i am still saying yes, then no, well go ahead and do it, then what for? too much stress!! haha!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:54 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Learn it yourself. I'm done.

Last edited by BruceH; 11-13-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:05 PM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

i am still stock now but i see what is going on Bruce. you seem to always want more. if my non gearhead friends knew i was on this site so much they would call me crazy!!! i think i liked it better when i was just a ford truck guy. you bought them new, tires and wheels and lift kit and you were done!!! i had all f-150, new '79, new '85, new 88, new 94, and now 01 supercrew, all lifted!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:44 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

whipple HO is the way to go!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by 07vbluestang
thanks! i am leaning toward the whipple like bruce. i will probably go all out and get the polished h.o. thou. hell i dont have to give it pedal to the metal. you believe as i am writing this i am still saying yes, then no, well go ahead and do it, then what for? too much stress!! haha!!!
If getting the whipple and the instant boost it provides I would advise you get the intercooled version.....the Twin screws like to heat soak and the intercooler is more efficient and safer for the motor and people have blown motors with less than 10 psi and less than 425 rwhp. Not all motors come from the factory the same nor do they have the same quality for one to the next. Anyone that has FI should consider that they are decreasing the life of the motor and have the money to replace the motor should the motor fail (can happen on the dyno even right after install) and believe me it is hard to stay out of boost because it is so fun to feel and enjoy.

If you get a Centri I would say keep the boost down and the boost is more gradual and IMO safer for the motor/drivetrain than the Twin screws.....this is JMO and if you decide to up the boost on the centri (vortech/paxton/or procharger) you can get meth injection for its cooling effect and fore go the intercooler for a long time (even at 12psi)

Here is some good reading for you on the vortech and meth and all of this was done to a stock 05 GT with stock drivetrain and motor.

http://www.alternativeauto.com/misc/...te-122106.html

http://www.alternativeauto.com/prods...h-alcohol.html

check out the site and the other articles about FI, tuning and boost!

I dont work there but he is my installer and tuner and trusted in the industry since 1991.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I run a whipple and I recommend you buy the intercooled version. If you get the non intercooled version, it is NOT upgradable to the intercooled version and you WILL eventually want more boost.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:34 AM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

i live in pa. and the roads are bad. lot of pot holes and bumps in the road, even in the summer. not sure if i want all that torque and h.p at such a low rpm. maybe centri would be better!! but nothing better than opening the hood and seeing a polished whipple!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:51 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

w/ the TS you can stay out of boost if you want. it is more throttle dependent, rather than a centri which is rpm dependent. give the TS enough throttle and it'll give you instant boost, but you can drive w/out boosting just dont give it too much throttle. where i live there are plenty potholes too so i just drive slow in those areas, but thats more to protect my rims. seems like the OP wants the polished whipple and wants people to provide examples why not to get it. both the centri and TS will give you a major kick in the pants, just seems like you want the polished whipple, so i suggest you get what you want.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:10 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

+1 get what you really want.

If money is not a big issue I would go intercooled. For people who dont have the cash and want a centri I say go non-int and upgrade later. But for a TS with the instant boost I think a intercooler is really needed. You are in full boost alot longer than in a centri where you will only see peak boost for an instant.

As far as problems driving with the tq of a TS, dont worry about it. Your car does not instantly turn into a tire shredding beast. You can drive it just like stock. You have to be about 75% throttle or better to see any real boost.

Basically the car drives like stock until you go WOT then it is a beast.

Trust me I went through all this 400rwhp is plenty BS. Let me tell you it isnt. I am up to 484rwhp and it still isnt enough. That is as high as I want to go with the stock motor, but I think an alum D/S and some 4.10's will liven it up some. Future calls for a 298ci SB with 16psi on the street and a 100 shot of nitrous just for kicks.

Do yourself a favor and get the Whipple HO, I am 100% positive you will love it.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:25 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

What about this..
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...t-w-p-1sc.html

Quick Reply: non-intercooled superchargers