Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walked out to the car this morning and...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 02:33 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheB1GDude
From what I've read the security system on the Mustang is actually pretty good, the key basically makes a connection that disarms the security, I say that would be the most unlikely thing wrong with it but it could happen....

I thought I saw it happen on a friends Purgeot but it turned out to just be out of oil which is why I also suggested that!

I'd guess on your starter being gone - you been suffering from any bad weather recently?? If the temperature suddenly dropped something might have cracked... on one of my first cars the distributors cover cracked, moisture got in and rusted everything up causing the car not to start.....
I thought you were being funny about the oil .

Great suggestion...the weather has definitely changed in the last week. It went from normal temps. around 70s to around mid. 40s, or actually in the 30s this morning. You may be on to something.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:42 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joolander
with my roommates car, we all thought it was the starter until we tried it on the incline of the tow truck's ramp just for the hell of it, and it started. then we figured it was the fuel pump or lines having too much sediment in it or something like that. turned out to be right

it was an odd day
The fuel pump is in the fuel tank, so what do you think the click under the hood was?
Old 11-19-2008, 02:47 PM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by degeze
I thought you were being funny about the oil .

Great suggestion...the weather has definitely changed in the last week. It went from normal temps. around 70s to around mid. 40s, or actually in the 30s this morning. You may be on to something.
Haha no I honestly swear to god my friends car wouldn't start, she told me she was having issues with her immobilizer, I checked out all the wiring and it looked good, the immobilizer was a separate key you had to plug in and it was a little beaten but seemed to make a connection, I fiddled around with it for a bit and then gave up then someone tells me that certain cars have auto-shut-offs for when the oil level gets low / empty, we checked her oil and it was dry as a bone.... added some in and the car start right up.... you learn something new everyday

Sounds like your suffering from the same weather as me.... it dropped to 10 last night and was about 30 when I was driving home last night... it definitely could have damaged something!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Originally Posted by degeze
The fuel pump is in the fuel tank, so what do you think the click under the hood was?
we thought the click was the starter, but for some reason it started on incline, so we drove to a gas station and filled it up, added fuel line cleaner, and we havent had trouble since

i know its odd, but that is what happened
Old 11-21-2008, 08:44 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

UPDATE: The technician from the repair shop called me today and said he went through the cars electrical system and everthing is fine. He said that he believes the problem is with the PCM module (I highly doubt it), which he said is still covered by Ford. So they push started the car and dropped it off at Ford this morning and having them go through the car to figure out what the problem is. He said I should here something back later today.

Man is really sucks being dropped off at work .
Old 11-21-2008, 08:45 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Oh, turned out you guys were right about push starting the car .

Last edited by degeze; 11-21-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

LOL

Had to do it on my DD civic years ago when the starter finally died. Had a buddy sit in the car while I pushed it down the street. Dumped the clutch in first and boom she started right up haha. Sure beat towing it down to the dealer with a strap and a pickup truck.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:11 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

UPDATE #2: Ford seems to think that the car is equipped with remote start (new to me) and believes that is the source of the problem.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:31 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

FINAL UPDATE: I picked up the car today and turns out Ford was actually right, the problem was the auto start module. Apparently the cars previous owner had installed a remote start security system on the car and before trading in the car reinstalled the factory car alarm, but didn't unistall the auto start module. So Ford uninstalled the module and installed a new security system in the car for free. Car starts everytime now...so problem solved.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

nice

its always something stupid like that

Quick Reply: Walked out to the car this morning and...?