Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Seatbelt buckle

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:34 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default Colley Ford, Glendora Complaint

Original post:
Hey guys, in desperate need of some help finding a place to order a passenger seat belt buckle and possibly PDFs so I can replace it myself. It's imperative that I get this done before Saturday as I'm taking the lady out for her birthday and would not dare drive her around without a seat belt.

Checked out ford oem parts, but didn't see the buckle component there.

I brought in my car to Colley Ford in Glendora yesterday and they said it's not covered by warranty because they found a foreign "sticky" substance in the buckle. They want to charge me $300 for parts/labor and I'm absolutely broke, insurance deductible is $500.00...

I'm thinking if I can't get the part(/s) I need in time, perhaps I can take a seat belt buckle from one of the seats in the backseat? Don't know if they're universal, but it's a thought.

Sounds like I have a lot of work ahead of me...

Thanks in advance if you can help.
So I've since decided to take my car back that day because I figured, if it is infact sticky stuff, I can just drop some water/solvent in it and clear it right up. And sure enough, the buckle works, just feels "stiff" not sticky.

Anyway, when I went to pick up my vehicle, the clerk rang me up for $90.00. I asked why as I had refused the non-warranty service and she said it was a diagnostic fee. I'm not a pushy guy, completely non-confrontational, but this is just ridiculous. I asked her why does it cost $90.00 to look at a buckle and spray condensed air into it? She hailed the service manager over the intercom. Long story short, and many "diagnostic" euphimisms later, he reduced it to $44.50.

I'm still pissed. The work order that I SIGNED had NOTHING written under the estimate. The only thing I'm bound to with my signature is that I agree to pay $20 in storage fees if I leave my car there 24/hours after service is complete. Other than that, no indication that they would've charged me a penny. In all honesty, I would have RAN out of there if I had known they planned to charge if at all if it wasn't under warranty.

I printed copies of my work order and receipt and sent it off to the general manager, CJ Colley by email, and going to personally deliver my physical letter/copies.

I frequent Colley Ford in Glendora every few months for service and was planning on buying my 2011 Mustang GT from them. Probably not now, not unless the gm can rectify this situation.

Last edited by SPARTAN VI; 11-20-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:19 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

might not be a warranty fix but the dealer where you bought it should have to replace something like that. its a safety concern. and when we trade for cars here, at land rover, we have to fix things like that, internally. tell the dealer they are responsible for the part since they sold the car. ague the point it is a safety deal and all cars have to have working seatbelts. dont take no for an answer. raise a $1000s worth of hell. go to the owner if you have to. dealers are required to fix things on traded in cars.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Hmm, I'm not good at being pushy, but I guess I can try my hand at it. I didn't buy my car from that dealership however. I bought my car at a Power Ford in Huntington Beach, CA which is a whiles away from Glendora, CA. I arranged to pick up the car today without repair right after work, but I'll see if I can be a pain in the *** on my next break.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:27 PM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

Remove the front seat.
Disconnect the safety belt buckle switch electrical connector.
Remove the bolt and safety belt buckle.
To install, tighten to 40 Nm (30 lb-ft).
To install, reverse the removal procedure.

part# for buckle 6R3Z-6361202-AA retail $52.82

seat removal
Position the seat to gain access to the seat track-to-floor nuts and bolts.
Depower the SRS. For additional information, refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Depowering and Repowering in the General Procedures portion of Section 501-20B.
Release the safety belt loop magnet at the side shield and separate the safety belt from the seat.
Slide back and remove the 2 seat track nut covers.
Remove the seat track-to-floor nuts.
To install, tighten to 48 Nm (35 lb-ft).
Remove the seat track-to-floor bolts.
To install, tighten to 48 Nm (35 lb-ft).
Tip the seat, disconnect the side air bag module (if equipped) and main seat harness electrical connectors and remove the seat.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Depowering and Repowering Printable View (85 KB)
Depowering Procedure

WARNING: Always wear safety glasses when repairing an air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) vehicle and when handling an air bag module. This will reduce the risk of injury in the event of an accidental deployment.

WARNING: Never probe the connectors on the air bag module. Doing so can result in air bag deployment, which can result in personal injury.

WARNING: To reduce the risk of personal injury, do not use any memory saver devices.

NOTE: If a seat equipped with a supplemental restraint system (SRS) component is being serviced, the SRS must be depowered.

NOTE: The air bag warning lamp illuminates when the RCM fuse is removed and the ignition switch is ON. This is normal operation and does not indicate a supplemental restraint system (SRS) fault.

NOTE: The SRS must be fully operational and free of faults before releasing the vehicle to the customer.

Turn all vehicle accessories OFF.
Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
At the smart junction box (SJB), located in the RH lower kick panel, remove the cover and the restraints control module (RCM) fuse F2.17 (10A) from the SJB. For additional information, refer to the Wiring Diagram Manual.
Turn the ignition ON and visually monitor the air bag indicator for at least 30 seconds. The air bag indicator will remain lit continuously (no flashing) if the correct RCM fuse has been removed. If the air bag indicator does not remain lit continuously, remove the correct RCM fuse before proceeding.
Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
WARNING: To avoid accidental deployment and possible personal injury, the backup power supply must be depleted before repairing or replacing any front or side air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) components and before servicing, replacing, adjusting or striking components near the front or side air bag sensors, such as doors, instrument panel, console, door latches, strikers, seats and hood latches.

The front impact severity sensor is located on the radiator support bracket.

The first row side impact sensors (if equipped) are located at or near the base of the B-pillars.

To deplete the backup power supply energy, disconnect the battery ground cable and wait at least one minute. Be sure to disconnect auxiliary batteries and power supplies (if equipped).

Disconnect the battery ground cable and wait at least one minute. For additional information, refer to Section 414-01.
Repowering Procedure

WARNING: The restraint system diagnostic tool is for restraint system service only. Remove from vehicle prior to road use. Failure to remove could result in injury and possible violation of vehicle safety standards.

Make sure all restraint system diagnostic tool(s) that may have been installed during the repair have been removed from the vehicle and all SRS components are connected.
Turn the ignition switch from OFF to ON.
Install RCM fuse F2.17 (10A) to the SJB and close the cover.
WARNING: Be sure that nobody is in the vehicle and that there is nothing blocking or set in front of any air bag module when the battery ground cable is connected.

Connect the battery ground cable.
Prove out the supplemental restraint system (SRS) as follows:
Turn the ignition key from ON to OFF. Wait 10 seconds, then turn the key back to ON and visually monitor the air bag indicator with the air bag modules installed. The air bag indicator will light continuously for approximately 6 seconds and then turn off. If an air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) fault is present, the air bag indicator will:
- fail to light.
- remain lit continuously.
- flash.
The flashing might not occur until approximately 30 seconds after the ignition switch has been turned from the OFF to the ON position. This is the time required for the restraints control module (RCM) to complete the testing of the SRS. If the air bag indicator is inoperative and a SRS fault exists, a chime will sound in a pattern of 5 sets of 5 beeps. If this occurs, the air bag indicator and any SRS fault discovered must be diagnosed and repaired.
Clear all continuous DTCs from the restraints control module using a diagnostic tool.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

there ya go ^^^^

doesn't seem like too hard of a fix, just gotta find a place that can overnight the part to you.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:57 PM
jvecero3
2nd Gear Member

Let her drive it. If your driver's side seatbelt works, then she's out of harm's way.