Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOOHOOO! FINALLY! Ordered my.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 10:47 AM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

Kingsofcrunk

Off question i see you have the infamous 7 legged spider. you didnt try to send that as payment did you?

If you have no idea what im talking about i'll try to find the write up on the internet somewere.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:48 AM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

I just got the aggressive Borla axle backs installed, they are sweet.... I kinda wish I'd done the full cat backs but was in a cash flow crisis so went with what I could afford As for the drone let me put it like this:

1000RPM - 2000RPM = LOUD
2000RPM - 4500RPM = Sounds like stock
4500RPM and upwards = louder than stock

They are totally kick *** when you turn the car on the noise is amazing!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:30 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
Kingsofcrunk

Off question i see you have the infamous 7 legged spider. you didnt try to send that as payment did you?

If you have no idea what im talking about i'll try to find the write up on the internet somewere.
haha yea i know thats why it's my sig. I even put the little hat on him for Christmas. I tried paying some dude with it for his help a few threads back...as a joke lol.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

have fun, and please do the install yourself you'll like the mods so much better if you put them on.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:39 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

ha ha my wife showed me an email back and forth where a guy sent that to a collection agency as "payment" for his owed money and they went back and forth and added the extra leg and so on if that was you good on you thats awesome!

Sorry to hijack the thread
Old 11-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

I am so confused right now lol.... I wish it would ship already so i can start drooling on UPS's website and watch it move form state to state... =) haha boooo for AmericanMuscle being in PA =(
Old 11-23-2008, 11:27 PM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

I did both of those mods recently. Good choices. I forget most of the time that the sequentials are on my car though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJJv2vOs08I
Old 11-24-2008, 07:51 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
There is a drone at lower RPM's....but it isn't anything that bothers me enough to get rid of my Borla's. I don't have any comparison to the "Flows", but I can tell you I really like the Borla's. They have a nice, even deep growl that a muscle car is meant to have. I searched a long time for the right exhausts, and I am certain this is a great choice for our cars.

Borla's own! I love mine and I loved them even more then I put my Pypes O/R catted x-pipe on! Drone? Ya but so what this is how a muscle car is suspose to sound.... Hey SaddleUp, I'll have to post ya a video so you can hear it with the x-pipe. Oh, one other thing too, I would love to feel safe at night LOL!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:59 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Have any of you tried the Hooker Axle-backs? I put those on my car two years ago along with a catted Bassani X-pipe and the sound is really great. Very muscle car like. They sound different from Flowmasters but they are still deep. Not high pitched like say JBA. I think Hooker has some videos on their website. Oh yeah....and they are really inexpensive. Drone is only evident from 1800-2000 when accelerating in a gear that is really to high.

Like cruising at 60 in 5th gear and pressing the gas pedal to accelerate to 70. Other than that you won't notice it.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:57 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

love my frpp stingers. dont mind the drone at all. my gf was in the car for the first time this weekend and asked whats the drum sound was when i was just cruising in 5th gear at 60mph. i told her it was the exhaust drone. borla/frpp ftw

Quick Reply: WOOHOOO! FINALLY! Ordered my.......