Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership makes $1,500 Mistake

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 07:54 PM
danalor
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dealership makes $1,500 Mistake

For me there is no gray area in right and wrong. When I lay my head on my pillow at the end of the day I enjoy a peaceful sleep. Grats on living by your principles.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:03 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

ORIGINAL: macca

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

ohhh gowd.. I'm feeling sick [sm=lame.gif] pride is a crutch for the weak [sm=vader1.gif]
Dear Lost Soul,
If you think my post was lame then go ahead and post a rebuttal. I think the guy did good and I told him so. If you dont have anything intelligent to say then say nothing Anyone with the intelligence of a squirell can sling insults...I am sure you are better than this and do have the ability to explain why I am lame or wrong in my post. I for one would like to hear it. Sorry if I sound testy, but I believe in holding people accountable for their words otherwise these places become unpleasant playgrounds for trolls. And I am sure you arent one of them. I await your reply

hhaha.. thanks don for the vote.. Dont get your panites in a wod macca. JC74 explained it quite well (thanks ) .. I miss all the action when I got home and sleep.. Anyway, since your on a mission to hold people accountable for their words then I'm sure we will be talking again

--- Troll
If I was wrong to accuse you, I am sorry but your "lame post" smiley threw me?!?!!?? And BTW, don't assume everyone else on this forum wears panties dude, but if its your thing more power to ya![sm=bustedsign.gif]
Old 05-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

That's a switch. I guess that helps to makes up for the zillion times dealerships have added stuff to the invoice without telling the buyer [:@] I poured over everything I signed and STILL they managed to sneak two things in there that I didn't notice and they didn't tell me about. It was "only" a couple hundred bucks, but it burns me up. When I confronted them about it the next day I got the "you really need that stuff" and "we always add those in" speeches. You guys that have found good dealers to work with, stick with them. I've bought several new cars from different dealers and always feel like I need to shower with a brillo pad afterwards. Despite that, I would also have pointed out the 1500.00 error to the dealer. I have no desire to lower myself to their levels.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:59 PM
tomabram
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Man, a post on morals and ethics - tough call [8D] I THINK you probably did the right thing, but it would have been pretty easy to sign it and play the "dumb card" if they called you back on it. "Oh man, I didn't even notice the price - I was just so excited about getting my car....etc etc)

Talk about morals and ethics of all the dealerships. 99.9% of them lie right to your face. They can care less about you. And I dont buy that crap that they treat me good because I bought a few cars from them. Trust me they can stay in business without you buying cars from them. When these guys are trained they are tought to try and rip off everyone that walks through the door. Most people dont know any better so they get taken.
And they are making a hell of alot more money than you think on the car.

If you think the $1,500 mistake was in their favor do you think they would let you know about? Yeah right.