Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MUSTANG GT MEETS BAMBY

Old 11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Default MUSTANG GT MEETS BAMBI

Well It happened on my way to work today, Driving about 35 miles per hour on a wet 2 lane road and Bambi jumps out of a ditch and right into the front end of my car.
I didn't have time to even hit the brakes as the dam deer was on me in a flash or should I say I was on him in a flash.
Well I get out of my car (hazards flashing) to check the damage and see what happened to the deer (it did a cartwheel and landed in the ditch on the opposite side of the road) walked to the front of the car and just about cried.
I need a new hood, bumper, driving lights, stripes and who knows what else. I'm sick to my stomach over this. This car is my pride and joy next to my chopper.

I'm fine, just damage to the front end.

Now the big issue comes out and that is I have been wanting a 2.5" cowl induction hood for some time now and now it looks like I may be able to get it.
What do you all think of the Cervini cowl hood compared to the Steeda hood. Anybody put either on there car? how is the fit? The Cervini hood costs $495. about the same as a new factory hood, not sure of the price of the Steeda.

Well For a while now I will be driving a rental car. I will try and get pictures posted tomorrow when I go to the body shop.

As for Bambi, when I got out of the car to check the damage I looked in the ditch where it landed it it was already gone, ran away, injured but ran away
Attached Thumbnails MUSTANG GT MEETS BAMBY-112408_15431.jpg  

Last edited by Tormentor; 11-27-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:05 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

That sucks dude! But now you can upgrade the look of your car. I like the Cervini hood over the Steeda Cowl hood. Also, look at the Saleen PJ/Heritage front bumper.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Sucks man, you mean gone as in ran away gone, or in gods hands gone... gets those mods you've wanted.....
Old 11-24-2008, 08:36 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tormentor
Well It happened on my way to work today, Driving about 35 miles per hour on a wet 2 lane road and Bamby jumps out of a ditch and right into the front end of my car.
I didn't have time to even hit the brakes as the dam deer was on me in a flash or should I say I was on him in a flash.
Well I get out of my car (hazards flashing) to check the damage and see what happened to the deer (it did a cartwheel and landed in the ditch on the opposite side of the road) walked to the front of the car and just about cried.
I need a new hood, bumper, driving lights, stripes and who knows what else. I'm sick to my stomach over this. This car is my pride and joy next to my chopper.

Now the big issue comes out and that is I have been wanting a 2.5" cowl induction hood for some time now and now it looks like I may be able to get it.
What do you all think of the Cervini cowl hood compared to the Steeda hood. Anybody put either on there car? how is the fit? The Cervini hood costs $495. about the same as a new factory hood, not sure of the price of the Steeda.

Well For a while now I will be driving a rental car. I will try and get pictures posted tomorrow when I go to the body shop.

As for Bamby, when I got out of the car to check the damage I looked in the ditch where it landed it it was already gone
lololol can't stop laughing at how funny that was!

Anyways, sucks dude, glad your ok. Hope you get the parts your wanting.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Well It happened on my way to work today, Driving about 35 miles per hour on a wet 2 lane road and Bambi jumps out of a ditch and right into the front end of my car.

As for Bambi, when I got out of the car to check the damage I looked in the ditch where it landed it it was already gone, ran away, injured but ran away
Well taking an ambien 30 mins from viewing this video made it move in ways it should't have move.... I need to stop looking at pics when taking this crazy medicine..
Old 11-24-2008, 10:40 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Sheeet! Time for a new mod...
Old 11-24-2008, 10:46 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Johnboy7701
Well taking an ambien 30 mins from viewing this video made it move in ways it should't have move.... I need to stop looking at pics when taking this crazy medicine..

Uh...if you think Tormentor's post was a video, I think you may want to lay off that ambien. LOL
Old 11-24-2008, 10:49 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

This car is my pride and joy next to my chopper.
Ohhh a chopper!? Pics!

Oh yeah, and deer suck. I run a great risk of hitting some everyday myself since I live out in the sticks. I see dead ones on the side of the road every day. I'm surprised they still exist seeing how dumb they are. "Oh hey there's a large object coming right at me, why don't I run in front of it! To hell with the thousands of acres of trees in the other direction."
Old 11-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

They breed well.

My girl just hit one last week with her Ranger. Took out the grille and both headlights. Tucked the front fender down a bit. Dear did a spin on the front end and then landed across the other side of the road deader than a doornail.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:43 AM
rydeordie
3rd Gear Member

That sucks! At least you can get a new mod out of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MUSTANG GT MEETS BAMBY