Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I JUST FOUND THE DAMN RATTLE!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:36 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

Default I JUST FOUND THE DAMN RATTLE!!

Ok so here is the deal, for the last year there has been this insanely anoying rattle from my car on the passenger side. I always thought it was roof,(convertable) window related. I just had the car in for the second time with them saying im on glue and i took the service manager out for a drive to show him and prove to him its there. Sure enough i even planned a rough road and nope no rattle well a little but not the anoying one thats not normal. I felt so dumb (especially after asking to become an apprentice mechanic there) So frustrated and mad i took the car home and rattle away rattle rattle rattle. I then though well hes a big guy maybe its the door not seeling perfect and rattling so i moved the door striker so tight the door barely closed and yup still there, pulled of just ablout every interior pannel and still there I WAS SO MAD! i hit the passenger seat and sure enough RATTLE i hit it againg and RATTLE pertect thats it and it explains everything!!! I am so relieved ive finally found the source but still a little choked but checked all the fasteners and there tight its a real hollow annoying rattle,
If anyone else is experiencing this let me save the frustration and just hit your passenger seat from the side and listen to the horrible rattle, the drivers side doesnt do it at all.
So i will be going for a follow up interview for a job there on wednesday and have a solution so i dont look so stupid.
Has anyone else had this stupid rattle, or is it just me?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:40 PM
antbug911
2nd Gear Member

dang dude!!! sorry to hear about your frustration! never had a rattle, but mine is a 2001
i hope you get it fixed!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

yeah im telling you i had an 04 40th anniversery and the 07 feels almost cheaper if you know what i mean. It just has stupid little rattles and creaks and vibrations and so on
Old 11-24-2008, 09:51 PM
antbug911
2nd Gear Member

unfortunately cars these days are built to break, they make all of their money on parts and new cars to replace the broken ones!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:54 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

I haven't had that rattle. But I know what you mean where you hear the rattle/problem and then you take it in for service and of course it does it on the way to the dealership but when you are trying to show someone it dosnt do it.

Well congrats on finding it and I hope it gets fixed.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:57 PM
flogduh
1st Gear Member

I've got the same rattle in my 07 convertible, the passenger seat will rattle when no one is sitting in the seat...It's anoying, and I've found that if I slidhtly recline the seat, it seems to *almost* go away.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:58 PM
GTVapor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
Ok so here is the deal, for the last year there has been this insanely anoying rattle from my car on the passenger side. I always thought it was roof,(convertable) window related. I just had the car in for the second time with them saying im on glue and i took the service manager out for a drive to show him and prove to him its there. Sure enough i even planned a rough road and nope no rattle well a little but not the anoying one thats not normal. I felt so dumb (especially after asking to become an apprentice mechanic there) So frustrated and mad i took the car home and rattle away rattle rattle rattle. I then though well hes a big guy maybe its the door not seeling perfect and rattling so i moved the door striker so tight the door barely closed and yup still there, pulled of just ablout every interior pannel and still there I WAS SO MAD! i hit the passenger seat and sure enough RATTLE i hit it againg and RATTLE pertect thats it and it explains everything!!! I am so relieved ive finally found the source but still a little choked but checked all the fasteners and there tight its a real hollow annoying rattle,
If anyone else is experiencing this let me save the frustration and just hit your passenger seat from the side and listen to the horrible rattle, the drivers side doesnt do it at all.
So i will be going for a follow up interview for a job there on wednesday and have a solution so i dont look so stupid.
Has anyone else had this stupid rattle, or is it just me?

I know exactly what you are talking about. This really annoys me as well on my 08! As if the rattles from the shaker 500 weren't enough to deal with.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:00 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

flogduh, yes identical car! 07 gt rag, black on black 5 speed. Maybe its just our cars. Have you brought it to the dealer to get it fixed yet?
Old 11-24-2008, 10:02 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

thank god im not the only one who is less then satisfied with the blasted rattles and even more happy that there is even just one more car that has the damn seat rattle
Old 11-24-2008, 10:12 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear mna so far im good i just had the hurst rattle

Quick Reply: I JUST FOUND THE DAMN RATTLE!!