Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Goodies (56K BEWARE!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 04:38 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Looks good, congrats.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:18 PM
hirevn
1st Gear Member

Are the stripes vinal or paint? either way looks great! If they are vinal where did you get them and did you install them your self?
Old 11-27-2008, 05:39 PM
ErcWrestlr
2nd Gear Member

Car looks great!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Looks Great, love the rims!!
and as said above, loose the door bumper edges...they take the sport look away
Old 11-27-2008, 06:14 PM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for looking through and commenting. Now that I look at it, I probably will take my door guards off but I'm just so worried in the case that someone would leave me a door ding. It's not so much in case I open my door on another car but just in the case that someone else opens their door on mine. It has happened before with this one kid I knew and if the door guard wasn't there I'd have a nice ding/scratch in my door right now.

Anyways, now to answer some specific questions.

Originally Posted by zporta
that is sexy!! hows the tire wear w/ running DR's at all times? i wanna go this on my car...
The life of the tire of course isn't going to last as long as a regular tire. But the sales rep told me that depending on how I drive it it'll last me anywhere between 8k to I believe he said 16k miles. He told me that when he had them on they lasted 10k miles. I only put them on for the really aggressive look. Depending on how many miles I get on them, I'll decide whether or not to put a new set on when they wear.

Originally Posted by hirevn
Are the stripes vinal or paint? either way looks great! If they are vinal where did you get them and did you install them your self?
The stripes are unfortunately vinal
Whatever you do, don't go where I went to get them done. I went to my Ford Dealership (lol I know). If I could go back in time I would've gone to another professional place but at that time I wasn't a part of this forum and I had no experience in modding what so ever as this is my first car. The first time they put the stripes on they weren't even in the back and I had to take it back and have them cut one side so that they were the same width and all that. It was a hassle. To this day I still believe that they didn't evenly lay the stripes down in the middle of the car. But yeah, whatever you do, don't go to your Ford Dealership.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:16 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

thanks man...i might hold off this set since im in need of only rears...(i dont kno why this is... ) Then when all 4 are worn ill get NT555's on the front and DR's on the back
Old 11-27-2008, 06:38 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

looking good!
Old 11-27-2008, 07:19 PM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by zporta
thanks man...i might hold off this set since im in need of only rears...(i dont kno why this is... ) Then when all 4 are worn ill get NT555's on the front and DR's on the back
Sounds good. Let me know.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:50 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Hey man, thanks for the props. Your car looks awesome!!! The ultra-lites with that drop look sick. Also those rears......wow. I def need an upgrade from the ole' 235's lol.
Anyway looks great man keep up the good work!!!

-Scott
Old 11-27-2008, 07:57 PM
hirevn
1st Gear Member

My car is black and i want to do silver stripes with the cdc spoiler. From the pics yours looks great and really makes the car look mean. I will do the install myself, but from everything ive read its a real PITA. Too expensive too have them painted, atleast where i live.

Quick Reply: New Goodies (56K BEWARE!)