Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Goodies (56K BEWARE!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:25 PM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

Default New Goodies (56K BEWARE!)

First of all, over the past month or so I've been doing a lot of research and just figuring out exactly what I want. Before I begin to list what mods I got I'd like to thank VistaGT. He's giving me a bunch of insight, ESPECIALLY with my exhaust. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't of gone with the exhaust set up I have now. He's helped me a bunch and I can't thank him enough. He's a great guy. VistaGT, THANK YOU! And I'd also like to thank everyone from MustangForums.com. All I've been doing is lurking and not so much posting. I've just been reading what everyone has to say about their specific mods. This is a great source of information and without this site I wouldn't have been able to be where I am now with the car. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Now, let's start with the first mod I most recently got. I took my car to an exhaust shop that I trusted. It's a single guy who just does custom work and this is all he does day in and day out. He owns it and he's his own boss. I went there knowing what I wanted and I told him. He then created me a custom off road H pipe. Welded and everything. He even went past the mid pipe and created new piping basically from the headers all the way down to my mufflers. My stock piping contained 11 bends; the one he created for me now only holds 8 bends. That's pretty significant if you ask me. I was really happy with his work and his low price of $250 for the whole job. He's located in Dania, FL and if anyone from the South Florida area is looking for exhaust work I recommend him 110%. Just send me a PM for his information.

Secondly, I decided that I really wanted to upgrade my wheels, my tires, and my suspension. I'm fortunate enough to live about a half hour or so from Steeda and I didn't hesitate to stop by. I began to fall in love the with Chrome Steeda Ultra-Lite wheels. After seeing it on their Torch Red GT on their calendar I just fell in love. And as time kept passing by I decided that that's what I wanted. So anyways, I stopped by Steeda and talked to one of their Sales reps. He quoted me for: 18x9.5" Chrome Steeda Ultra-Lite's, Steeda Sport Springs, (2)NT555R Extreme Drag tires 305/35ZR18 (Rear), (2)NT555 tires 275/40ZR18 (Front), and Steeda Upper Strut Mount kit. That came out to be $2617.94. Now, I'm sure people have gotten better prices, especially if they did the installs themselves. But you know what? I don't mind paying a bit more for having a known, trusted shop do the install. They work on high performance cars day in and day out. And if anything goes wrong all I have to do is drive about a half hour or so to Pompano Beach and bring it to Steeda. Also, this is my brand new 2008 GT that's on the line. I don't want to play with that. It handles and grips MUCH MUCH better.

Lastly, I ordered a Steeda CAI, Custom tune, and Shorty antenna from Brenspeed. I was originally planning on waiting for my shorty antenna to come in before I posted pics but I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER! If there are any tips/information that you guys think I should know when uninstalling my K&N intake and installing my Steeda CAI/tune please inform me. THANK YOU ALL for reading and I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do. Once again, thanks VistaGT for all your insight with the exhaust and Brenspeed. Couldn't of done it with out you, brother.

OH and I apologize in advanced for my poor photography skills.

First week or so of having it:

Then I got the CDC Classic Chin Spoiler,12" Racing Stripes, and K&N drop-in(not shown):

And now, finally, I have done my wheels, tires, and suspension:

Last edited by yc420; 01-07-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:53 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Very nice!
Old 11-27-2008, 12:57 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

great pics!
Old 11-27-2008, 01:05 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

awesome transformation, and nice looking car!!
Old 11-27-2008, 02:29 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

that is sexy!! hows the tire wear w/ running DR's at all times? i wanna go this on my car...
Old 11-27-2008, 02:33 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Looks really nice, just lose the door edge guards, they look a little tacky, as do the round blind spot mirrors.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:40 PM
rydeordie
3rd Gear Member

Looks good!
Old 11-27-2008, 02:51 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

i would paint ur mirrors red...or get some covers...
Old 11-27-2008, 03:20 PM
1nasty05
2nd Gear Member

nice classic look
Old 11-27-2008, 03:58 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

nice! car looks real sick.

Quick Reply: New Goodies (56K BEWARE!)