Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dad forced me to let him drive my car home........

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by degeze
That's good, at least it's enough to get the take-off bumper and new bumper light...car problem solved .

As far as education, work toward that GED and hopefully college can be a option soon after, you will not regret it. If you can't make it to your college of choice, consider an area college so you can still work the family business too.

Good luck with everything man, and keep moving FORWARD------>
this is what i did, i didn't make it through high school (huge stoner, thought i was badass by skipping 3-4 times a week).

but now i wish i had graduated, but you know what..... i got a scholarship for a community college around here and earned my HS diploma through college and i'm currently enrolled college courses while working 80 hours per 2 weeks in a shop.

you just gotta push yourself man, i know how it feels... blown engines, trashed trannys, body damage... i've been through it all.

GO TO SCHOOL!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:00 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

work hard to play hard! keep your head up
Old 12-01-2008, 09:19 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

If that were my dad, I woulda buried his *** in Mojave somewhere JUST for messing up my car LOL....

Sorry to hear that man and no offense but, he sounds like a jerk for blaming you for something HE did and not offer to fix it right away....You and I and soo many on here take so much pride in making our Mustangs "Ours" and for someone to come along and mess it up without remorse like that just Pisses me off personally...Anyhow Glad to see things are gonna work out and I hope you consider doing something big with your life because theres so much out there for you...Good Luck!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Well to update everyone my dad is gonna give me 300$ were done fighting as for the go back to school stuff I can't that boat has officially sailed maybe GED to College but no more High School also I work at a family business were i will most likely end up either way school or not. Not that I wouldn't like to learn more in college about business I just don't know anything 100% at the moment. Only that I wake up and go to work and i come home go to sleep and do that same **** again 5 days a week and i get money for it naw but for real i am learning through experience and i do enjoy what i do as for the gt500 front end not looking good with the stock hood I respectfully disagree I think it looks pretty sleek i do prefer the Trufiber venom hood but stock hood looks good with it IMO anyway peace.
This post made the Baby Jesus cry.

Maybe you can go back to school for a week and learn some basic punctuation?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Hardy har Charlie I come to this forum to talk and have fun not to edit my post's i am perfectly capable of writing a well organized essay I just choose not to. hehe
Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

Branomano06GT,
just my two cents here, first sorry about the car, sounds like he was being a knucklehead, secondly, it doesn't matter if your dad respects you or not, what matters is what you think of you. When you have respect and pride in yourself, no one's opinion will matter. I grew up with out a father and lost my mother at an early age, when they are gone and you mature a bit you will think of ten million reasons you should have got to know them better. It is up to you to be the bigger man. If you want respect, finish school, join the military, cure cancer...whatever, but the bottom line is you have to do more and be more for your self first. This is not a lecture, just advice from someone who is a father, been all over the world, did two tours in Iraq, and worked my way from abject poverty to being realitivly wealthy. Good luck bro, and don't give up
Old 12-02-2008, 03:07 PM
rehtorb
1st Gear Member

Branomano06GT,

Dude I’m sorry to hear about the stang, sounds like your old man isn’t making the best decisions. I had a similar situation to you, work for the family business while living with some of them. Over the summer I had to make a decision; either mod the mustang and take a sweet vacation with friends or save up and get my own place. I opted for my own apartment and now that it’s been some time it was defiantly the right choice. I know LA is expensive but you do have a car so that means you could live outside of LA and make the long commute in like thousands of others, check Craig’s list for potential apartments or people looking for another room mate.

My cousin did something similar with his education. He flunked out of HS just to fark with his old man. Now he can hardly get a job and has to live with his Mom. I would say get the GED as a fall back just in case the family business falls through or you have to leave.

As for the respect thing, moving out just might earn it although that does not mean he will show it. Showing you can stand on your own two feet can go along way with some people. And the thing you have to remember is that yes he is your Dad, but he’s also just some guy like everyone else. And nobody is perfect… the important thing is that you learn from this because at the end of the day it takes two to tango.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah we can drop this thread, or it can go on forever with opinions which I do appreciate but I am sure this being on top too long will get annoying so let me leave with this everything is now fine I am going to open my own bank account after Christmas and start saving for a place I know for a fact that if I need help in any part of my life I can get it my family is great I have 2 uncles who are like fathers to me and 2 aunts who are the same way my family business does very well it really is not affected by the economy so much since it is in Aerospace Manufacturing company and we always need more Missle Launchers and Bomb racks for our war planes haha. I enjoy working there with my uncles and aunt. My Grandpa started it when he was 18 he didn't even graduate high school but when he passed away 7 months ago to pancreatic cancer he probably died as one of the most succesful/lucky/loved man in the world. They held the funeral in a about a 300 by 400 feet area of the Cemetary and 60% of the people who came still had to stand outside. That's when I realized when you die all you have are the people who remeber you and miss you and appreciated you that it and nothing more and that's what matters in life. Wow I am ranting now.... to put it simply I want to be just like my grandpa I want to provide a good life for not just my family but thousands of others by giving jobs to people who would normally have trouble and letting them work there way up. Anyway I am working now and heading forward wether my dad likes it or not he will realize what I do for my family and home when I don't live there anymore he doesn't realize how much I help them. But anyway thanks for the support everyone i appreciate it.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

To the OP, Get your GED, go to college and stop blaming someone else (ie your dad, or whoever). You are young, and believe me, you have not seen **** yet in life.

You have a good goal about whating to be like your grand dad, but this is a different world that when he was 18. Without an education, you wont make it and live the life you would like to live. You have said it yourself. You work all day, 5 days a week, and you don't even have $10. Go back to school. Good Luck.