Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carputers for the '05 Stang??!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 06:40 PM
mtbatol

Default Carputers for the '05 Stang??!?

No I have yet to own one or even order one yet seeing how I just grad. from college but seeing how you all inspired me to make this THE car to own and put pennies in the piggybank towards (metallic blue GT.. oooOOoooOOo!!!) I've already looked into the possibilities of what to do for such a pimp-potential ride ^_^

One possibility which I didn't see nobody talk much of in this forum which would probably entice some of you is the possibility of getting a carputer install. From GPS to endless supply of music the combo of that along with this would make any geek orgasm repeatedly and wondered if any of you ever pondered or actually took steps in getting this done. The Shaker 500-1000 options seems too pricey in comparison to getting a $1,500 system installed tho I heard good things about the speakers themselves and not sure how many speakers the barebones standard cd/radio would leave ya with. The opening of removing the radio would seem big enough for a touch screen & placing the computer unit itself in the glovebox or under the dash doesn't seem like it would require too much cosmetic surgery for the interior itself (though there's other equipment to account for such as wires, converter, etc) and read over in carpc.com about someone with a '03 model doing one though that seemed like much more work that what would be required for this. I'm an IT guy so already have an idea on what systems would suffice but not much of a car hardware guy and wondered on everyone's feedback on this idea.

(waits for a gueni pig to take on task )
Old 05-30-2005, 06:50 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Carputers for the '05 Stang??!?

[quote]ORIGINAL: mtbatol

I've already looked into the possibilities of what to do for such a pimp-potential ride ^_^

We do not pimp out our vehicles what do you think we are RICERS!
Old 05-30-2005, 07:01 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

[sm=closed.gif]
Old 05-30-2005, 07:06 PM
mtbatol

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

We do not pimp out our vehicles what do you think we are RICERS!
HAHAHAHA...

actually meant pimp as in potential babe magnets, tho it's hard to see how any 'exterior' enhancements would have it come off as this being a ricer seeing how this is a O.G. of all modded cars and all

if it helps ease the mind any... i wouldn't exactly agree with the now cliche image of having dub spinners on this hahahaha :P

but seriously tho, a car-puter you'd have to admit is an intriguing idea though ya must admit... even tho it's coming from a n00b such as myself and I'm sure I'm not the only person who thought about it :P
Old 05-30-2005, 07:26 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I recall Mcnasty was going to do a carputer then decided to get an 06.. then changed him mine.. then wanted gt500.. and then.... umm.. he just vanished???? were did he gooooooo
Old 05-30-2005, 08:43 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Seems I remember a couple of different threads on computer installs, McNasty's being one of them. Maybe do a search and you might come up with one. I honestly don't remember how long ago it was, couple of months maybe.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:52 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

I recall Mcnasty was going to do a carputer then decided to get an 06.. then changed him mine.. then wanted gt500.. and then.... umm.. he just vanished???? were did he gooooooo
Maybe we need to start a poll: Where did Whitey McNasty go?

a. Jail
b. Died
c. Boot camp
d. Became a monk
e. Bought a Chevy; didn't know Ford made the Mustang
Old 05-31-2005, 08:18 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: don_w

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

Maybe we need to start a poll: Where did Whitey McNasty go?

a. Jail
b. Died
c. Boot camp
d. Became a monk
e. Bought a Chevy; didn't know Ford made the Mustang

Maybe he is still trying to have the last word on the thread why V-8 owners think they are better than V-6ERS
Old 05-31-2005, 01:04 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

Maybe he is still trying to have the last word on the thread why V-8 owners think they are better than V-6ERS
LMAO...
Old 05-31-2005, 01:39 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Back to the pre-hijack question lol...personally, I prefer to get my geeking out fix at work and home. My car is the last place I want to be doing the nerd thing.

Quick Reply: Carputers for the '05 Stang??!?