Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daily driver show cars chime in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Not my DD all though I have racked up some miles going to shows, events, etc.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:19 AM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

using the stang as a DD would be much easier if I lived in Fl or CA like most of you guys, mines garaged because of the ****ty WI weather
Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 AM
washamur
3rd Gear Member

DD here as well ... going to hit 30K miles on my way to San Antonio this weekend ...

It's near impossible to keep super clean around here ... the West Texas wind and constant weather changes make for a hard time ... but I continue to try.

I haven't entered in a show (yet) ... but would certainly like to try some day.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Mines a daily driver, but i still only have about 13k on the clock

not sure what you'd call a "show car" though. She's had a few bruises, but those have been fixed

plus it's relatively easy to keep a white car clean in florida when you have a garage to park in

Old 12-02-2008, 10:22 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

DD here, in the snow too. and i take the car to shows in the summer months. I clean the engine bay the most, i keep it spotless.

during the winter i wash it as much as possible. during the summer i wash it several times a week. and before every show.

white is an easy color.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:31 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Wish mine was but it isn't...... anyone living in the south and west has an advantage over the Mid-west and Northeast guys in general. If I was in FL or CA I would be a "DD" in the stang
Old 12-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Haven't gone a day without driving yet. I go 15 miles to work and 15 back and other little things I would say 30-40 miles a day maybe a tad less on weekends shockingly haha bought her with 7.2k Miles and I am not at about 10k and lovin every second at the moment the chips dont hurt so bad since I will be changing most of the body except for the fender's, rear bumper and door =) although i am sure It could start to suck to see a chip on my GT500 front... hehe but I still have a while before then. Exhaust goes on tonight BTW me= excited.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:03 AM
The Magician
2nd Gear Member

DD here, but with such a short commute. I have had the car for more than 18 months , and just broke 10k Miles last week. It is garaged at night, and I clean it off every other day. wash once a week and full detail every other month, Including clay bar, and wax.
As any of you who have seen my car know, I spend the most time keeping the engin bay clean. You can eat off my engine.....
Old 12-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

0NF1R --- How do you like that pioneer? I'm specifically interested in the IPOD interface, how it is browsing the ddifferent folders/albums/artists.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

The Magician I love the look of your car I am not sure if it's the angle of the camera or are you headlights tinted? I was just thinking about how Red is a hard color to do something cool with the headlights with and have it look good HID's are Blue and i dont think they would look too hot, angel's might be cool but Ill tell you what tinting them is defintely the best way to go I just wish it was legal in Cali =(. Already risking enough with my exhaust.

P.S. Your car would look even better if you got your Caliper's painted Red =).

Quick Reply: Daily driver show cars chime in!!!