Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to Autzone....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Has anyone heard of or used "Looks Wet No Mess Tire Shine"?
I went to the AJC Car Show in Atlanta and watched this guy use this stuff and it must have really impressed me because I bought a can. I kid you not this stuff WILL NOT fly off the tires and keeps its shine for about two weeks.
Here is a link...Looks Wet No Mess
Old 12-05-2008, 02:27 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
http://www.chemicalguys.com/

seriously good stuff at a good price. Once a year, I buy a gallon of caranuba-based detail spray and dilute it 1:1 with distilled water.. saves me lots of cash.. as I use LOTS of detail spray..
I've never tried that product, so I don't know how it compares to the spray detailer that I use--Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 135 Professional Synthetic Spray Detailer. It comes in a really nice 16 oz. spray bottle and in a one gallon jug. I refill the spray bottle from the one gallon jug.

Meguiar's does not recommend using this product as a lubricant when you are claying your car, because it has too much lubricity for that purpose.

I also think the Meguiar's edgeless Ultimate Wipe microfiber cloths are great. It is product number M9910. They used the same product number for a previous cloth that was not edgeless, and was not nearly as good.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:39 AM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

Just to throw in a suggestion, when I worked at a body shop as a detailer I fell in love with 3m swirl mark remover. Nothing like a color sanding + rubbing compound + polishing compound followed up with swirl mark remover. That stuff worked wonders on panels that have been destroyed with swirl marks.

Also orbital is the way to go when taking out swirl marks, makes it soooooo much easier. Dont worry about burning your paint with an orbital just stay away from the edges and stay away from the badges. For polishing you can use a foam bonnet and that will help a lot. Just make sure you use something that cuts less than a polish, you can use a polish first just make sure you follow it up with something like scratch x or some sort of swirl mark remover.

I use the first step from the meguiars 3 stop process, that thing cleans the paint so well and I can do the whole car in like 10 minutes. Then I hit it with either a light scratch remover or polish with a polishing compound. Then I put ICE on it and then either tech wax or carneuba wax. Makes the paint look like new and that tech wax makes dark cars look really clean! Also get some detail spray, that stuff works wonders for spot cleaning. I actually cleaned my whole car with detail spray a couple of times.