Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to Autzone....

Old 12-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Went to Autzone....

I went to autzone last night to grab some Micro-Fiber towels and wax since I have been using like a 10 year old bottle of Turtle wax haha i dont know if it goes bad but I am sure the formula's are better now but anyway I remeber my uncle saying he used Meguiar's on his beatiful Jaguar XKL or something along those lines might be XLR? not sure haha but anyway I saw it and figured why not try it I got the Meguiar's Gold Class Clear Coat Paste Car Wax anyone ever used this? Is it any good? I know it smells a ton better then that other junk haha. I wanted to get all cleaned up for the meat in LA this weekend.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
TedGamble
1st Gear Member

I'm a Zaino and Pinnacle Souveran man myself. Meguiars and Mothers are probably about as good as you'll get from the "drug store" brands. Souveran is legendary for use on Black and Red.

Last edited by TedGamble; 12-03-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Souveran is probably the best for my Torch Red then huh I didn't see Zaino at Autozone but I didn't look hard for Souveran do you know if they have it?
Old 12-03-2008, 04:30 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
I went to autzone last night to grab some Micro-Fiber towels and wax since I have been using like a 10 year old bottle of Turtle wax haha i dont know if it goes bad but I am sure the formula's are better now but anyway I remeber my uncle saying he used Meguiar's on his beatiful Jaguar XKL or something along those lines might be XLR? not sure haha but anyway I saw it and figured why not try it I got the Meguiar's Gold Class Clear Coat Paste Car Wax anyone ever used this? Is it any good? I know it smells a ton better then that other junk haha. I wanted to get all cleaned up for the meat in LA this weekend.
that's what I use once a month....just apply thin even coats and it'll come right off without "dusting"
Old 12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

Souveran is probably the best for my Torch Red then huh I didn't see Zaino at Autozone but I didn't look hard for Souveran do you know if they have it?
Here's the link to Zaino, (Not to be confused with Draino).

www.zainostore.com
Old 12-03-2008, 04:36 PM
TedGamble
1st Gear Member

I didn't see Zaino at Autozone but I didn't look hard for Souveran do you know if they have it?
Zaino is only available from Zaino, and it's not likely that AutoZone would carry Souveran. Check out Autogeek.net or Autopia.org. I should warn you, however that some folks here will label the likes of me as an "obsessive detailer", to which I would reply, "Is there any other kind?"
Old 12-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

I know Zaino is good but Ill give this stuff a try 05 Mustang has a sick/beatiful car and if he uses it it's gotta be good =) thanks for the confirmation just didn't wanna rub junk on my car. Now I know it's good stuff so thanks all. BTW Ted your sig is way too true. =)
Old 12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i used the meguiars 2.0 thats great stuff, the gold class also works good but the 2.0 it like this synthec stuff
Old 12-03-2008, 04:47 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I know Zaino is good but Ill give this stuff a try 05 Mustang has a sick/beatiful car and if he uses it it's gotta be good =) thanks for the confirmation just didn't wanna rub junk on my car. Now I know it's good stuff so thanks all. BTW Ted your sig is way too true. =)
I appreciate the kind words....it's all about what works for you and this is what I have found that really works for me....and if you really want your car to "pop", before you wax it, clay bar it (if it needs it), apply (1) coat of Meguiar's No. 7 glaze, then a coat of that wax.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Well what I really wanna do is get rid of my swirls I have them sooo bad but I dont have an Orbital thingymagig and i am sure it costs about 100 bucks i really dont wanna go buy one right now haha so whatever would do that the best is what I really want these swirls are driving me INSANE! lol

Search this Thread